Quantcast

Anyone been to Teds since rain?

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Just like the title says. Any of you San Diegans been to Teds since the rain on wednesday and thursday? Im planning to go on Monday, but I dont really want to go if its all rutted out and un-ridable

i would imagine everything is rutted like he!! considering how soft it is in the steep sections and in the rocks...
could still be fun though, when that soil is wet, like lovebunny said- its like glue, so if you fall into a rut, i would imagine its pretty easy to hook up and pop out... 110% opposite of when its dry...

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
haha dont worry. i start on tues. im actually ready to go back. ive been off for winter break since dec 15. kinda over it. the chica is gone, so i dont have much to do but ride and work.

i got stuck in calaveras clay today and had quite the ride!!!
the dirt on the mountain is like glue in the few spots it shows... all the rest has been washed off the rock face and now its almost like 300 yards straight of solid rock gardens!
my new bike is just mindblowing!!! i've never had a bike as stable and fast as this rig...
it takes everything so fast, I'M not prepared for it! one second i'll let off the brakes and then all the sudden i'm two rock gardens farther down the trail!
haha Rotecs rule...

***MTB***

Monkey
Dec 19, 2004
SoCal
I was riding with kev211, and I have to agree with him. What a killer afternoon after it stopped raining. Rode for a couple hours in the mud and finished it off with a trip to Souplantation. :thumb:

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
Sat. @ 10 sounds good...

man i'm going to be bottoming out all over the place...
anyone have a 450# 3" stroke Romic or similar 1.5" ID spring? even just to borrow it wold be greatly appreciated!!!
hey, just kidding man. Our plans just changed because some of the guys are busy in the morning. Itll definitely be in the afternoon, but Ill let you know exactly when. what kind of bike do you ride? Ill be on this guy....

And i wear a blue full face

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
ill be the the kid with the demo 9,
aiight. what color? Are you gonna be there on Saturday? We'll probably ride split rock first, so if you end up coming and cant find us, that will be your best bet. Ill be with a guy who has a red iron horse 7point3 and a guy with an iron horse warrior

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
tj are you working on saturday? The guysI am goin with cant go til the afternoon, and i dont want to leave them behind. Would you be able to make it out later in the afternoon?

kev211

Monkey
Jan 22, 2008
San Diago
In case anyone was wondering, Teds was epic today! Crazy riding! Rode with lovebunny and a few others. 9am Sunday morning again