Quantcast

Anyone carry a gun while trail building alone?

j3ff100

Chimp
Jul 22, 2010
ontartio
hmm you could buy a bullet proof vest one with a coller
( http://img.hisupplier.com/var/userImages/old/selina/selina$8415380.jpg)
one of those personal body alarm thingys, hunting knife and a hat with eyes on the back.

scenario...your building cat jumps you from behind you got your bullet proof vest on so it dosent finish u in 1 bite pull the alarm it stuns it and u stab it!
thts what i would do plus you get stronger by carrying around the vest!

Straya

Monkey
Jul 11, 2008
Straya
You just never know when some liberal might try and take you from behind, especially now that they can marry each other.....

dicey

Chimp
Your dreaming! handguns are a 25 foot kill zone if your well trained. a cat is 6-8 feet full grown. want to take a guess at at how fast it could cover 25 feet? you have tools, and your making a **** of noise, it's going to look for a rabbit.

Ronny Gradie

Chimp
Sep 22, 2007
Pacifica, CA
I echo the King - go for a 9mm. They're great to shoot and have plenty of stopping power + cheap amo.

I like a gun I don't have to clean too much - an especially good idea if you are out in the rain. Go for a Glock.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I'm a little concerned with my ability to safely control a larger hand gun, hence staying around the 9/.380 size. I'm very well aware that larger is far more potent, but whats of shooting if you can't hit your target?

I have every intention of spending countless hours at a gun range with moving targets getting familiar with the gun so I don't need to stand and aim. A quick draw and the knowledge that bullet is going where I want it to is what I'm after.

If I do get anything, it will be holstered.
Why do you think that bigger = Less accurate? I think that "size" has little to do with it (That's what SHE said).

I'm much more accurate with my 44mag than my 357/38... and I wouldn't say that on the same one that the 38 rounds are more accurate than the 357's either.

Weight, balance, barrel length... THOSE are factors.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Tontinos Pizza Rolls. Throw them on the ground behind you. When the Cougar snatches them up and burns the roof of it's mouth it will probably run away to get some Chocolate Milk. However far the Chocolate Milk is, is the amount of time you have to get out of the woods. Whatever you do. Do not bring chocolate milk into the woods!

Why do you think that bigger = Less accurate? I think that "size" has little to do with it (That's what SHE said).

I'm much more accurate with my 44mag than my 357/38... and I wouldn't say that on the same one that the 38 rounds are more accurate than the 357's either.

Weight, balance, barrel length... THOSE are factors.
Funny how that works huh?? I shot only revolvers for years when it came to handguns. Finally decided to try an auto loader last year. Boy what a night and day difference shooting those things. My favorite revolver is my S&W 629 .44 mag with an 8 3/8 inch barrel and even after a year of shooting my auto loader on a regular basis I am still way more accurate with my .44 revolver.

As far as carrying a gun while cycling, if you want to go ahead, it's your right to do so.
I live in NW Montana, I hunt, hike, camp, backpack, cycle etc. etc. and the only time I feel the need to carry a gun is when I'm hunting. The rest of the time I carry a simple 40 dollar can of Counter Assault bear spray.
It's lighter, cheaper, doesn't have to be "aimed" as carefully, and doesn't draw any attention to me. It's gonna work on a bear, cat, human etc and if you look at the statistics spray is more effective anyway.

http://www.nationalparkstraveler.com/files/USFWS_Bear_Spray_vs._Bullets.pdf

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Wow I'll take our snakes and spiders over Cougars and Coyotes, I'd hate to see you guys as surfers, I've got a pistol in my wettie just in case a shark sneaks up on me.

I must admit, if I lived in the states I'd carry a gun, you people scare me.

dirtyjungle

Chimp
Jun 22, 2011
Charlotte
I do when hunting seaon is in just cause where we ride is game land. If a pissed off hunter comes out of the woods I want to have a gun too. Plus the dogs they use to hunt bear with aren't the nicest dogs around. A friend of mine was rideing in pisgah national forest and a guy came out of the woods with his dogs after bear hunting one of the dog went to attack him. My buddy pulled his gun the same time the dog jumped at him, he stop the dog with one had but at the same time he went to shoot the dog so he ended up shooting and kill the dog through his on hand. So he shot his self in the hand to get to the dog. After he did that he shot the other 2 dog cause the hunter let them lose on he and his wife. At the hospital the cops came and taking to him come to find out that the guy that had the dogs was alittle off and they had have had problems with him before.