Quantcast

Anyone else bring a road bike/trainer to warm up on?

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
Just curious if anyone else does this. I bring my road bike and a trainer to do a warm up and cool down between laps when I am on a relay team. It really helps to keep the legs fresh for the whole race- or at least as much of it as possible.

Ridemonkey

This is not an active account
Sep 18, 2002
Toronto, Canada
I don't. I'm sure its a good idea - but when its light out I can warm up on the bike, and at night I'm trying to catch a few ZZZs, so theres no time for a warmup.

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
We did this last year at the 6 Hours of Power. It made our pit area look more "pro" :D but I don't think it was worth the space it took up. Like RM said, it's just as easy to go spin around on the MTB for a few minutes.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Warming up on a trainer in between laps is a very good idea, you can get your muscles nice and loose just before to take off and you can help reduce the effects of lactate acid by cooling down with a slow spin when you come in.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
I absolutely do. You warm up for a regular race, why not this one too? I have found that there are limited areas to ride around to warm up at 24 hour races so I just hit the trainer. Lots of time neighboring campsites complain about the noise though. :( Something about sleep?:confused: