Quantcast

Anyone else buried under ungodly amounts of white poo?

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
My wife pointed out today that it was sort of silly to be so excited about bikes and bike parts when we have over a foot of fresh snow sitting every where (AND ITS STILL COMING DOWN). I agree, but good Lord I'm ready for DRY ground. Considering that all of this crap we have been hammered with for the past few months has no place to go I have a feeling it will be a while.

Those of you with dry ground, feel very lucky, I am jealous.

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
I couldn't live in or around where snow dumps. I imagine it's great in the summer but I'd go bananas in the winter. I like boarding a lot but not as much as biking.

We had a good long amount of wet days that just past leaving us a few nice blue sky days. Still kinda chilly and windy but I ain't complaining.

Sorry to hear about your woes.

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
hmm 43 inches of fresh snow on the hill last thursday beats the hell out of any indoor park riding within 5 hours of me

CRoss

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2006
The Ranch
I built a set of snow jumps last year. Tried it again this year and it did not work. So I built a nice quarter pipe to hit up with the skis.

Bulldog

Turbo Monkey
Sep 11, 2001
Wisconsin
I couldn't live in or around where snow dumps. I imagine it's great in the summer ...
No, not really. Either wet and muddy or hot and humid as all get-out. There's usually 2-3 "perfect" days a year here and chances are I'm in my office when they happen. I need to relocate!

don

Turbo Monkey
Nov 8, 2001
Rumson, NJ
We just have either frozen or mud in NJ. I'd rather have a good amount of snow to get some days in at the mountain. That being said, I can't wait for spring I have some ideas I want to start working on at the trails.

r464

Turbo Monkey
Oct 17, 2006
Earth
Last year, we had no snow on the ground until 2/14.

I know that there is more to come this season, but we are snow-less for now.

t1maglio

Monkey
Oct 29, 2001
southern wisconsin
We were pretty well done after Christmas last year, and that was a lot for us. We haven't even had white Christmases for more then a few years in there. This year we have had snow every other day for pretty much late November on. I haven't seen snows like this since I was a little kid.

Oh well, The groundhog saw his shadow so I was feeling optimistic, perhaps we shouldn't trust the little bugger.

BTW, the snow biking pics were rad. We did that in college and had some fun with it, riding 20s and hucking. I built "trails" in my yard another year, but they were ice jumps and I actually cracked my old Robinson AL racing frame, oops.