Quantcast

Anyone else excited by this?

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
"Full suspension bikes are on the SuperCo to-do list with two production frames in store."

Let's get some wild speculation going here. What do you think Doc has in store for us? What are you hoping to see?

Having been out of the "mountain-bike" game for three years now(currently only riding a BMX cruiser), I am getting the itch to play in the woods and I am starting to lust after a new full-sus dream bike. A few of the offerings on the market have been looking great to me but I may have to hold off knowing that the guy behind my all-time favorite bike (FQ Mini-link) has something in the works. Before I get started in on, no, I never owned a mini. I was a college student when they first appeared and it wasn't something I could have ever dreamed of affording. Second, I have never ridden one either. So, from sheer photo lust, I have deduced that it is the perfect bike for my riding style. Have your way with me. Rambling aside, I would really like to see a refined version of something similar from Superco. I am hoping for a tight, little, 6-7" rocket that I can run single on.

What do you think they will do with the two fullys in their product line? I am assuming one will be a race-pedigreed DHer but what will the second one be? Guesses?

LeRoy

Monkey
Apr 11, 2002
Wellington - NZ
Maybe changing my forecast... I could also see the two bikes being something in the 6" range and something in the 3-4" range with nothing coming for a race bike. Either way, I am pretty excited.

Shortbus

Turbo Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
Stuck in the 80s
Yeah I definitely look fwd to their FS designs too. I owned a FQ for over a year, and did mostly urban and woods freeride kinda riding. Hell I even rode mine XC. The frame was a tad on the heavy side for my style of riding, but it really was AWESOME to have what basically was a compact Race Link. Super burly, super tuned suspension but with steeper geo than a DH bike. From what SuperCo's hardtails look like compared to the Park, I can imagine a 'refined', maybe simplified FQ (no jackshaft?) would be very sweet indeed. I can't wait to see what's in the works from our friend Doc :D

I'm Super excited.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Maybe changing my forecast... I could also see the two bikes being something in the 6" range and something in the 3-4" range with nothing coming for a race bike. Either way, I am pretty excited.
Doc is a downhiller, through and through. My expectations:

-Full on DH race bike
-mid travel all mtn / trail bike

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So Doc from Brooklyn Machine Works is the guy behind Superco - so that leaves me to ask - who's left/behind Brooklyn Machine Works now?
does it matter? Doc WAS Brooklyn Machine works. Everyone who was a hardcore BMW fan wasn't really a BMW fan, but a fan of Doc, his designs, and even his abilities. He was the heart of the company and now he's gone.