Quantcast

Anyone else have a Sony Imagestation account?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
All of my albums now appear to be empty. :think: I had hundreds of pics out there. Anyone else have pics that have disappeared?

I set up that account a couple years ago before I found out about photobucket.com.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I have an account but I never had pictures uploaded.

So, I'm responding because I can answer your question, but my answer is completely useless :D

J

JRB

Maybe Stoney should say he uploaded his pics to imagestation.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Their terms of service state that if you don't make a purchase within a year of your first upload, your pictures may be deleted. The terms do say you'll get an e-mail warning first, which I did not get.

Well I've sent them an e-mail. We'll see what happens.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
pixelninja said:
You weren't using this as online storage, were you? You DO have the original files, right? :think:
Yup. This was before I had a digital camera though. I used to get my film devloped on CD's as well as paper.

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I Are Baboon said:
Yup. This was before I had a digital camera though. I used to get my film devloped on CD's as well as paper.
That's good. I remember a story on dpreview.com about an online storage place that went under. Tons of idiots were using it as their only storage of their images. The guy who ran it had been leasing the servers and they were repo'ed. He then wanted his users to pay him a fee so he could get his hands on the servers again to get their images back to them. Major fiasco.

J

JRB

I Are Baboon said:
Your usefulness factor in this thread, based on a scale of 1 to 100 with 100 being the highest:

I thought I should help with this one, since the suck factor was already so high.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
I just checked my albums and they are all there. Maybe shoot them an email. Did you pay your imagestation bill? I pay it every month by cashier's check to some address in Nigeria and no problems so far.

Good luck.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
jmvar said:
I just checked my albums and they are all there. Maybe shoot them an email. Did you pay your imagestation bill? I pay it every month by cashier's check to some address in Nigeria and no problems so far.

Good luck.
I have been wiring money via Western Union to some Coal Miner bank in South Africa, so I don't think that is the issue.

I did just hear back from Imagestation and they said they are doing some routine server maintenance and that some members' pictures will be unavailable for a short period of time. Cool.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
N8 said:
That wouldn't be Sony Imagestation but Stoney Imagination.

:p
Hmm... Somewhat witty.. No political overtones.. No link to an external news source.. Doesn't appear to be copy-and-pasted..

Okay, who are you and what have you done with N8?!