Quantcast

Anyone Else Have Seat Issues W/ Older Mods??

buddylembeck

Chimp
Oct 18, 2009
hey dudes, whatsup..started getting into riding again after not touching a bike for 10 or so years..

picked up a trials bike - a 90s monty mod, with some newer gear on it..everything is going great..except for the seat!!

when i bought it off the guy he explained you had to either shim up the seat tube or put tape on the post, as there is no collar or anything on it..didnt give it any thought at the time.

but now that i am getting a little better, i seem to be knocking the seat askew several times during the course of each session. total pain in the ass.

wtf do i do? am i gonna have to drill a hole through the tube and post just so i can lodge a bolt in there to hold her steady? surely one of you must have similar issues with mod seats...

ps as far as seats go, if i could just get a steady post or whatever, id throw anything on there. like a smaller bmx style seat maybe

/rant

:rant:

buddylembeck

Chimp
Oct 18, 2009
i was thinking that, but wouldn't hacking off the seat tube (small as it is) possibly compromise the frame's structural integrity? i;m a bit wary as the frame is already pretty beat up and my natural riding style is pretty rough..