Quantcast

anyone else having issues with their yahoo email?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
my emails aren't going out from yahoo and the search functionality is completely broken. emails seem to come in fine though. anyone else having these issues?

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
check the security setting on your computor ?
sounds basic. but someone got in on mine a few months ago here at my office and for some reasons set it to high.

stumbled on it by accident.

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
i'm on linux, the security setting is always set to high :)

but in all honesty I don't see how that would keep yahoo from sending out mail. care to explain?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
yes, i get the screen that says that it has been sent. I've now had about 4 people say they didn't get emails from. I sent an email to myself at work, it never showed up. I checked the logs on the mail server here at work and yahoo never attempted to deliver it.

so it sounds like it's just me for some reason?

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
that's about when this started happening to me.

if you have a sec see if your able to search messages in your inbox. the only way that I can find something using the search or advanced search is if that message shows up in my first page of emails. anything not on that page is not found.

dogwonder

Nitro
May 3, 2005
Walking the Earth
Man acts up every once in a while as well. Usually more like a couple hours though. Do you ever get to the main screen and it says you have "Inbox (1)" and then you open your inbox and you really don't have anything?

Technology...what a beyotch...

dfinn

Turbo Monkey
Jul 24, 2003
SL, UT
dogwonder said:
Man acts up every once in a while as well. Usually more like a couple hours though. Do you ever get to the main screen and it says you have "Inbox (1)" and then you open your inbox and you really don't have anything?
nope, never seen that. up until now yahoo has been the most reliable, free email service I've used. I hope they get this figured out soon.