Quantcast

Anyone else here do Blue Apron?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Just curious. We have been doing it (hehheheheh) for a year, and have been super happy. Somehow I don't picture it being JDCambs cup of tea!
It sure does eliminate a lot of 5:00 'what the fuck are we having for dinner?' Arguments...

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
No. However... there is a local kitchen that prepares and delivers complete meals that are "guaranteed" to be low in fats with moderate calories. Depending on the plans meals could be as little as $10.00 but usually ended up being closer to $15.00 I loved the time its saved but had to stop because they used a lot of salt.

What I like was simplicity, no planning, everything fresh, no waste and very fast trips to the grocery store.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
We do. Wifey likes to cook and it's an easy way to do nice meals. Works out to about $3 more per meal than if we did it ourselves, but then again we don't buy too much food. So win-win.

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I liked it ok, but we had some freshness issues with vegetables multiple times. The one that really turned me off was most of the ingredients for a meal rolling around in a leaky, spoiled package of lamb. (They did let us order a replacement meal, but it seemed a little lacking IMO for the hassle.)

I did like some of the recipes, but between the freshness issues and liking to make leftovers, we decided DIY is easier.

I think it's fun for a novelty or once and a while, but overall not practical for us... YMMV!

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
I have to say that everything we have ordered has been perfect, freshness wise. Usually the meats are still partially frozen. But it's cold here.
To be fair, there were a few completely fresh deliveries where I was pretty impressed with them making it work.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Thinking about it, we do still have some problems with freshness...