Quantcast

Anyone else here doing the SM100?

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
I've been training hard all season to try and prepare for the SM100. The race is now only two weeks away from Sunday. I'm definitely a bit nervous for my first off road hundie, but hopefully all my hard work will pay off. Tomorrow A group of us plan on doing the first 56 miles of the course, and another extra random 10 miles (don't want to start the death march up shenandoah mtn.). Anyone is welcome to join, and we'll be meeting at the Wild Oak trailhead parking lot at 10am 8/18.

Anyone else on here doing this race? Any hundie noobs like myself giving it a go? I know there are several guys from c'ville I've been riding with who are also giving it their first go.

Funny how all of this training has given me a new perspective on MTB'ing. I feel like it isn't really a ride if I don't get more than 30ish miles in each outing. Takes forever for me to warm up on some days too. I'm hoping this makes short track XC races this fall/spring a breeze.

Long live long rides!

BAXTER

Monkey
Jun 25, 2005
THE BURG but missing BOSTON
I'll be there riding back and forth from aid stations wrenching bikes for you racers. Should be a blast. Lots of food lots of water and keep a pace you can handle for 10 hours and you will be fine. When it's all done then there is always this......:cheers:

mud'n'sweat

Falcon
Feb 12, 2006
Awesome Baxter! The organization and the VOLUNTEERS make this event what it is! I can't send enough gratitude your way for coming out and helping us get through this event as smoothly as possible. :clapping: