Quantcast

Anyone else not sure Phelps won the 7th gold?

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
Boy it sure looked like the serbian guy beat him to the wall on my TV. Got me wondering if Diebold (sp?) had a subcontract w/Omega to make the touch plates for the pool.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It was reviewed to death.

Jesus, another fvcking olympic thread.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Olympic threads only surpassed by Sam Hill threads.
You really don't understand the magnitude of a Sam Hill thread do you? Do you realize without a Sam Hill related post, there will be hundreds of thousands of DHer's that will be bike less until they announce what he'll be riding this year. It's critical damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Boy it sure looked like the serbian guy beat him to the wall on my TV. Got me wondering if Diebold (sp?) had a subcontract w/Omega to make the touch plates for the pool.
He won. It's like the NFL. The reviewers call stands.

It was reviewed to death.

Jesus, another fvcking olympic thread.
Interesting how you know about the big review and everything, but yet you say you don't like the Olympics?

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Interesting how you know about the big review and everything, but yet you say you don't like the Olympics?
Where did I say I didn't like the Olympics?

I'd like the olympics to stay the olympics and not turn into the x-games lite.

Last edited:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
cool that you can see through water and can accurately determine things down to a 1 hundredth of a second....phelps just outtouched him...he had way more speed coming into the wall, and the other guy was trying to stretch it out.

Ciaran

Fear my banana
Apr 5, 2004
So Cal
So you're saying the electronic scoring system is wrong?

How many tin foil hats do you own anyway? :think:

CdaleTony

Chimp
May 26, 2006
Your watching on an old 13" BW right?
Initially I couldn't see how he out-touched, on live TV. BUT the subsequent FLURRY of camera angles does show his extra stroke and condor like arms gave him the touch...Plus it was reviewed, prostested (serbian delegation's call , not the swimmer from Berkely). Done deal. Makes the whole drama all the more riveting.
FYI the 7th gold (in one olympics) gives him a $1 mil bonus from speedo. A carrot speedo threw out there back on 2003. In the 2004 olympics speedo had insurance, this time , with his performances the last few years, insurance was like 90% of the payout. The $1 mil comes entirely out of Speedo's pocket.
CDT

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
You really don't understand the magnitude of a Sam Hill thread do you? Do you realize without a Sam Hill related post, there will be hundreds of thousands of DHer's that will be bike less until they announce what he'll be riding this year. It's critical damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!
Once again, a thread de-railed by the frickin DH guys to talk about what? Wait... let me guess... DH! Hell Brian I'm surprised you didn't take the opportunity to put out there a group invite to N* next weekend ffs! :rant:
(actually I'm amazed you had the time to break away to respond to this thread from your around the clock efforts to have BMX replaced in the 2012 London Olympics w/DH racing.... slacker!) :biggrin:

Last edited:

cliffster5

In dog years I'm dead
Aug 23, 2001
Salinas, CA
We had to talk about something since there was nothing to talk about with the original topic.

That's because all the road riding was out of the way after the 1st weekend and we have to wait another week for the mtb race :monkey:

(note to self...put some gratuitous women's volleyball or pedophile inspired women's gymnastic pix in future threads to smooth out everyone's jadedness)

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Once again, a thread de-railed by the frickin DH guys to talk about what? Wait... let me guess... DH! Hell Brian I'm surprised you didn't take the opportunity to put out there a group invite to N* next weekend ffs! :rant:
(actually I'm amazed you had the time to break away to respond to this thread from your around the clock efforts to have BMX replaced in the 2012 London Olympics w/DH racing.... slacker!) :biggrin:
I'm surprised he didn't try and bring Hope brakes in it somehow.