Quantcast

Anyone else see a meteor tonight?

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
I was getting into my car looking east from Pittsburgh ~10:00 pm and saw a super bright light falling from the sky. I have seen shooting stars and meteor showers before but this was different and freaked me out. we have a lot of cloud cover tonight so it wasn't above that or it wouldn't have been visible. Anyway, I rushed home to check out the news to see if anyone else reported it, but nothing.

it was pretty wacky but cool none the less, that is if it didn't crush anyone when it finally landed!:ouch:

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
about a week ago we heard this loud ass boom. it was too loud to be a sonic boom and it shook the ground like an earthquake.no one knew what it was. but the rumor going around is it was a plane going by at mach 6. but i dont really believe that one

Jan 29, 2005
lovebunny said:
mach 6 though? that close to the ground? i think not
The heat generated at such a low altitude (atmosphere is much denser) at mach 6 might burn the plane right up, much safer and less conspicuous to fly at 60,000 feet if you have a non-existant aircraft that can fly at mach 6

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
dropsdon'tlikem said:
The heat generated at such a low altitude (atmosphere is much denser) at mach 6 might burn the plane right up, much safer and less conspicuous to fly at 60,000 feet if you have a non-existant aircraft that can fly at mach 6
yeah i know. they were saying it was only a mile or 2 up and im like dude. even at 12,000 feet or so that thing would get demolished