Quantcast

Anyone else seen Earthed2?

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
I got it today and it rocks....The riding, and style of film was soooo much better on this one....

~Nico Vink is the coolest rider to watch....period....rob warner and andrew neethling were stellar too....both soooooooo smooth.....

~glad the 50's footage was in the bonus footage

~the 94 vail course looked sick, and the austria world cup course looked like the best DH trail anywhere.....

....i gotta get off my hardtail and get on my DH bike again.....

IC

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Ian Collins said:
I got it today and it rocks....The riding, and style of film was soooo much better on this one....

~Nico Vink is the coolest rider to watch....period....rob warner and andrew neethling were stellar too....both soooooooo smooth.....

~glad the 50's footage was in the bonus footage

~the 94 vail course looked sick, and the austria world cup course looked like the best DH trail anywhere.....

....i gotta get off my hardtail and get on my DH bike again.....

IC
Agreed, After riding the 94 DH this summer I was in complete awe how fast they rode that track. It is insanely rough and downright beat out. Also the trail minnar riding IS downright INSANE. Go try and ride old 9 line clean your first run, its damn near impossible. We were at Vail the week after snowmass when Rankin and them were filming. We saw them a few times in the village. Rankin is a super cool guy and earthed 2 rocks.

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
biker3 said:
Also the trail minnar riding IS downright INSANE. Go try and ride old 9 line clean your first run, its damn near impossible.
I figured....he looked almost a little bit slow on it, so I figured it must be insane....seeing kovarik riding again was cool too...that guy is always a blast to watch....

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Ian Collins said:
I figured....he looked almost a little bit slow on it, so I figured it must be insane....seeing kovarik riding again was cool too...that guy is always a blast to watch....
Yeah kovarik owns it, One of the sweetest parts was watching the guy on the all mountain bike flat out PIN IT in france. It honestly looked like he was going close to the same speed as the guys on DH bikes.

On a side note, its flat out insane that Gee won the Austria DH, he was going incredibly fast and he even blew out a turn at the bottem and still won. That root section was rediculous even on video, i cant imagine it in person.

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
I just bought it, it's awesome. I kinda liked the music selection. It's different which is cool.

My favorite sections are probably 20", Cowan's backyard, Minnaar, and Mick Hannah. It's filled with great footage. Dave Mcglaughlin (sp?) is in it! That guy is a savage, too bad he lost in the UFC.

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Ian Collins said:
seeing kovarik riding again was cool too...that guy is always a blast to watch....
That section he was riding in the mud is my local track. Watching him just destroy sections that I'm lucky to even get through clean in the dry is amazing :o: