Quantcast

Anyone else wait until it snows a couple of inches...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
To go out and drive thier 4x4 around before the plows Eff up the snow. Man what a riot! Truly the reason why I keep the damn thing. Gotta have atleast 5" before it truly gets fun. Guy just offered to pay me $20 to pull his Buick off a fire plug. I was going to do it but he was wasted and the cops pulled up so I scadaddled.

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
jdcamb said:
To go out and drive thier 4x4 around before the plows Eff up the snow. Man what a riot! Truly the reason why I keep the damn thing. Gotta have atleast 5" before it truly gets fun. Guy just offered to pay me $20 to pull his Buick off a fire plug. I was going to do it but he was wasted and the cops pulled up so I scadaddled.
Only takes a couple of mm for chaos to ensue here in the pnw.
I carry a tow strap to see about making extra cash on those less fortunate in the driving apptitude dept.
The big thing around here seems to be to get out and walk when driving in the snow feels too scary. I don't understand.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
I love finding empty parking lots filled with snow. We just got about 8" the other night and I found a vacant K-mart lot that was untouched, I rallyed in there with my Ram 1500 in 2 wheel drive for about 10 minutes, dang that was fun, nothing like drifting 60 feet at 30mph.

Dan

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
rockymt21 said:
I love finding empty parking lots filled with snow. We just got about 8" the other night and I found a vacant K-mart lot that was untouched, I rallyed in there with my Ram 1500 in 2 wheel drive for about 10 minutes, dang that was fun, nothing like drifting 60 feet at 30mph.

Dan
I keep mine in 2 wheel drive with the rear end locked out for parking lots too. My Taco get awesome traction in 4 wheel mode and I have to really steer hard for it to drift at all. I find that parking lots attract to much attention from the local authorities. So I tend to stay away from them. I go to the rich nieghborhoods because they usually have no parked cars on them. I have a tow strap on me but sadly helping folks usually only gets you trouble.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
we almost never get snow here, But it is fun to drive in with my little 2wd GMC s-15. It teaches you real quick how to handle stuff.

4wd is for pussies.

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
chicodude said:
we almost never get snow here, But it is fun to drive in with my little 2wd GMC s-15. It teaches you real quick how to handle stuff.

4wd is for pussies.
I can agree with that. Atleast for everyday driving. My truck has the 4wd option but ive honeslty only used it 2 times this winter, once to get out of a weird up hill parallel parking spot in the snow and once on the highway because of nasty snow storm, otherwise its pretty useless. Unless your working construction/off roading or something like that.

Dan

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
yea i was driving on an unmaintained road l2 weeks ago up by sly park and i got completly sideways at like 25. probably the funenst thing i have ever done in my jeep other than wheeling it

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
chicodude said:

4wd is for pussies.
Try driving on a seasonal access road with a couple of feet of snow on it in a 2wd car and get back to me;)

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I love being out in the snow. Now that my MTs are pretty worn, I slide a lot in 2wd, which is fun when I plan for it. But I can still go just about anywhere in 4wd, so getting stuck isn't much of a concern for me.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
last night the snow in the parking lots at work had frozen over so it was very slippery. multiple times i did a 180 by accident because the car either would not react to my countersteering or because i countersteered too much and then the wheels regained grip which caused me to do a 180 in the opposite direction. needless to say, im taking a break from grabbing the e-brake for now so that i dont end up crashing one day.