Quantcast

Anyone else waiting for their 07 stp?

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
I orderd a new 07 STP "Frost Green/ White model" 2 weeks ago, and it was supposed to be in stock. I go by the shop I orderd it from and they say I'm now on a wait list and it's going to be atleast the middle of February before Giant even gets it.

They had the 07 single speed STP in the shop, but not mine that was on the same order. But hey.... I'm on the list! I WASN'T TOO HAPPY to hear that!:disgust:

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
The one I got has AVID brakes, Avid brake levers,Better bars, and a DJ3 w/ Alloy stanctions and air assist and rebound.

The SS STP has a DJ4 W/Steel stanctions, no air assist, felt like crap! Cheap low riser bars, tektro levers, and hayes mechanical disc's wich have no stopping power for a big guy! I am only paying $100.00 more for the STP than the STP SS.

I think the upgrades are worth it to stay with the one I'm getting. I was just under the impression I would have had it by now. Not a month or more later. I paid $750.00 for the STP and the single speed cost's that. It's worth it "FOR ME"to wait for the upgrades the STP has over the SS.

Cru Jones

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2006
Hell Track
The one I got has AVID brakes, Avid brake levers,Better bars, and a DJ3 w/ Alloy stanstions and air assist and rebound.

The SS STP has a DJ4 W/Steel stanctions, no air assist, felt like crap! Cheap low riser bars, tektro levers, and hayes mechanical disc's wich have no stopping power for a big guy! I am only paying $100.00 more for the STP than the STP SS.

I think the upgrades are worth it to stay with the one I'm getting. I was just under the impression I would have had it by now. Not a month or more later. I paid $750.00 for the STP and the single speed cost's that. It's worth it "FOR ME"to wait for the upgrades the STP has over the SS.
Agreed... I think it's worth the upgrades. But, you should still set it up single speed, though. :lighten:

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
I might do that when I get it but, I wonder if it'll make it harder to peddle kick trials style without the gears? For most of the stuff I do,singlespeed would work. But I want to learn how to do some trials stuff mixed in with some street stuff. And the urban in Kansas City is kind of Hilly too, with lots of steep climbs to get from point A to point B.

TGR

Monkey
Jan 9, 2006
who cares, make it singlespeed, gears should only be on x-c, all-mountain and dh bikes...

gears are a real pain in the a$$ for street riding

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
who cares, make it singlespeed, gears should only be on x-c, all-mountain and dh bikes...

gears are a real pain in the a$$ for street riding
Agreed, but if he wants an all around bike theres nothing wrong with dropping teh chain every now and then. I mean if its worth it to you.

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
It comes w/ a chain guide so chain drops wouldn't happen much! It's going to be used for mostly Urban, Trials, skate parks, and BMX track with a small amount of dirt jumps here and there.