Quantcast

Anyone ever been,know of, live in Vancouver, WA?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
What kind of town is it? How far from Seattle? Fun town to relocate to? Big town? What kind of businesses? is it mostly residential, commercial or industrial? Basically Im deciding if I want to fly out to take the test for the fire department up there. Thanks.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
vancouver, wa is right on the oregon-washington border. it's a commuter town for portland, very far from seattle (~2.5 or 3 hours depending on how you drive). portland itself is a fun place, good public transit within town, a decent downtown, many districts with their own flavor. plus there are many monkies who ride in the area, and the riding at hood river (an hour away on i-84 along the columbia river) is superb.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
It's a very small town but Longview is near and might be considered a "real" town with grocery stores and stuff. About 40-60 mins from Portland, OR (no sales tax). Talk to Thor at Thor's Berserker Bikes(where's my dictionary?) to find the local goods on riding. His shop, I think, is officially listed in Woodland, WA about 10 mins away.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Bullitrider said:
It's a very small town but Longview is near and might be considered a "real" town with grocery stores and stuff. About 40-60 mins from Portland, OR (no sales tax). Talk to Thor at Thor's Berserker Bikes(where's my dictionary?) to find the local goods on riding. His shop, I think, is officially listed in Woodland, WA about 10 mins away.
er, you're talking about vancouver? :confused: vancouver is neither very small nor far away from portland. it's right across the river, 10 minutes if there is no traffic.

Bullitrider

Monkey
Apr 17, 2004
Seattle
I thought it was but after some checking the population IS larger than Longview. My bad. Sorry for my assumption. I've made an "ass" out of "u" and "me". Well maybe me. I stand corrected. I will now end myself as I sheepishly walk away....

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
Longview does have that cool park with BMX track, street course, and skatepark. The trails above nearby Kelso are fun too. :thumb:
Thor's shop is nice.

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
Vancouver is cool, there's a thread somewhere in the PNW forum about vancouver that has some other responses, but I say that vancouver is a pretty nice place to live. It's like a small version of portland, and is growing steadily. As for businesses I'd do an internet search for some info on that, but there's some good riding- local and in all directions.