Quantcast

Anyone ever bent a crank and pedal at the same time?

Feb 13, 2002
Seattle, WA
I think I've bent my crank and pedal axle in one stupid crash. Has this happened to anyone?

If I run the pedal on another crank, it's not that wobbly; if I run the crank with another pedal it's not that wobbly -- together it's pretty wobbly.

On another note, does kona supply spare axles for wah wah pedals? The rebuild kit only includes bearings and such.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yes. Get ready to front for a set of cranks and pedals. Oh, and keep your ass upright.

If you hit your head one more time, it's velcro shoes ALL the time.

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
I think I've bent my crank and pedal axle in one stupid crash. Has this happened to anyone?

If I run the pedal on another crank, it's not that wobbly; if I run the crank with another pedal it's not that wobbly -- together it's pretty wobbly.

On another note, does kona supply spare axles for wah wah pedals? The rebuild kit only includes bearings and such.
If there's one thing I've learned (learnt?) through all my breakages and what-nots, it is that I always seem to find new ways to f*ck sh*t up.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
*MY* nosy? Your nosy...
You are harsh! From what I saw from that criminally underrated thread in the ride section he did alright. Mind you I'm sure you could have cut washers off his arse on a few of those uphill sections. That would have outright killed me though to be fair.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I only do it because I care. :D

'squeeb kicks a$$. There's nobody around here denying that.
Yeah one day I'll end up in that high country and we all will drink beer and moan about assorted sh*t together, you gay bar loiterer. *Just checked, 25 replies and 1100 views.........sh*thouse for just about the best thread ever *

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Geez. I gotta do 10 minutes worth of work and look what happens. Can we get back to talking about fat kids on bikes or do we all need to get a room?

Last edited:

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
Valve Bouncer started it.
It was a purely platonic wish to spend some quality time partaking in the finest ales the mid upper western states have to offer. I may ride one bike on a short section before pulling a heart muscle and having to retire to the beer tent.