Quantcast

Anyone ever do RAGBRAI?

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
haven't done it, would do it. Looks good. You were invited? As in, free?!

Many states have week long, 500 mile rides.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i have a buddy who does it every year. some times he makes it till the end of the days ride and sometimes not (lot's and lot's o beer drinking.)
supposed to be fun but i dont think i would like going with my buddy becuase i dont like drinking and riding. I have a hard enough time staying upright sober.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
LordOpie said:
haven't done it, would do it. Looks good. You were invited? As in, free?!

Many states have week long, 500 mile rides.
well, not free, but they have a team or something that goes in on a sag van, etc.

edit 2 days later :) : goes in on a sag van. doing the whole thing on a sag van wouldn't be that fun... :)

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
I have not done it but in college I did allow some riders to camp in our yard. It is a huge party, some riders ride the whole thing naked. Don't be fooled by "Iowa's flat" crap it isn't flat and the ride can be hard especially hung over.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
The Toninator said:
i have a buddy who does it every year. some times he makes it till the end of the days ride and sometimes not (lot's and lot's o beer drinking.)
supposed to be fun but i dont think i would like going with my buddy becuase i dont like drinking and riding. I have a hard enough time staying upright sober.
A buddy called me to complain about those posts in the middle of the bike trails to prevent cars from riding the trail. He ran into one and got hurt...

"Joe, were you smoking weed again?"
"Of course."

Friggin' moron.

I like alcohol and weed, but cannot mix 'em with riding.

Barbaton

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2002
suburban hell
sounds like nothing but good experiences so far. i'll probably sign up. will have to do some distance training this spring/summer in addition to my lazyass MTB...

Hawkeye

Monkey
Jan 8, 2002
Naperville, IL
I don't think there are to many people that are really serious about this. They just go out and have a good time, which is what it's all about.