Quantcast

anyone ever gone to see a shrink before?

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
thanks for the support everyone.

i think i know what i need to do to get things straightened out and this time it doesnt include a few bottles of whiskey and a big ol' bag of chronic.

J

JRB

biggins said:

i think i know what i need to do to get things straightened out and this time it doesnt include a few bottles of whiskey and a big ol' bag of chronic.
pvssy :D

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
biggins said:
was it beneficial or was it just a drain on your wallet?
by shrink you mean psychologist or psychiatrists??

i dont have much confidence in psychologists. most do behavioural-conductive theraphy (because is the shortest one to reach results), which problem solving reach is limited to non-decisive matters in my experience, and even then can take a lot of time and money.

on the other hand, psychiatrists and neurologists pack quite the punch. they get my seal of aproval and respect.:p

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
mmaddmark said:
the shrink will tell you to find a hobby,like riding a bike maybe.
i have lots of hobbies, one of which would be riding had i a bike right now. I am just not particularly motivated to pursue any of them.

flyfishing,rock climbing, upright bass, guitar.......

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
biggins said:

That always works for me...Seriously though good luck.

bmx818

Chimp
Sep 18, 2001
McGRP01 said:
Waste of time for me. But you only get as much out of it as you put into it, and I was young and not there by choice.

Ever think about going back Tig?

mantispf2000

Turbo Monkey
Aug 9, 2001
Nevada, 2 hours from Mammoth
For those of you that know my story, you can understand why I'd go. Went to 3 with my wife, 1 on my own, and the preacher. So that's 5 total in about 3 years. Did it help? Not really. Depending on your "needs" for going, it helps if you can find someone who's walking in the same shoes as you for understanding what you're going through now. Granted, I feel there are times lately that it's not me (denial?) and it's my wife that needs the most fixin'. Pointing blame elsewhere? Maybe. Good thing for cycling, or I'd really be nuttz by now!!!!

Roasted

Turbo Monkey
Jul 4, 2002
Whistler, BC
biggins said:
was it beneficial or was it just a drain on your wallet?
I did, for serious anger and violence problems when I was a teenager. It helped me through some tough times and likely helped me well beyond the sessions. After I was done, I didn't notice anything immediate but it did open me up to using various thought processes to chill me out before I pounded somebody into the ground. It wasn't a miracle at all, just reasonable things that ended up making sense, giving me viable alternatives to fighting and b&e's. That and at one point I tried to put my hand through a brick wall and broke my knuckles...so I am not sure which instilled reason into my head haha

It wasn't a drain on my wallet as it was covered by my federal medical :D...

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I've gone to 3.

-First was a good-for-nothing family counciler

-Second was required for some reason to do w/ meds, he was cool

-Third changed my life in a positive way, he was awesome. He helped my through depression in a big way. Props to Dr. Levin.