Quantcast

ANyone ever have a Carbon headset spacer crack before?

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Well? Just curious, I had one crack today on a ride wasnt a big issue or anything, but weird to say the least. Not sure if it was from a previous crash or what, but about halfway into my ride, something just didnt feel right, first I thought I ruined my new front wheel.....So I stopped checked it out and Bam broken spacer. Took it out, tightened up the headset and went on riding.... Strange to say the least.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
hmm.. I would take a good long look at your front end...spacers just don't break spontaneously..carbon or not...how exactly did you remove a spacer and still keep riding...do you carry extras on you?...D

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
It was just a 2.5mm spacer, There was enough room to just take it out and not worry about it. I have been looking at it more nowt that I am home, And this is a good time to say I only had the carbon cause it was what I had at the time, but I pulled the fork to check everything out cause this is just strange, everything looks good, steerer is not bent, headset looks fine, only thing I can think of is either there was a defect from the get go, or I somehow wacked it in one of those last two crashes I had at Fontana. I do have a nice new gouge in the top of the stem.

P.S. this is an actual carbon spacer, not a fiberglass lookalike