Quantcast

Anyone ever have mono?

dG video

I blew a mod to get this title
Feb 25, 2004
vermont
So I just got through having what I thought was the flu, woke up with a sore throat one morning, stayed home from school and went back to bed, well about 3 hrs later when I woke up I had a temp of about 102, started getting an intensely sore throat, very very stuffed up and just down right no energy/feeling like crap. Well now about a week later, most of the symptoms had gone away, except for yesterday I noticed I was starting to get a sore throat, I thought it was just from sleeping with a fan on and my throat being all dried out but all throughout today my throat has been killing me, especially when I swallow. I have sores and pain all in my throat, on my tongue and around it, but all other symptoms of me previous cold are gone, I feel fine except for the whole throat thing. Another thing I notices is the area around my tonsell (whatever that thing that hangs down is) is all swollen and has white dots all over it. Do I have mono? :nopity:

Dan

Tame Ape

BUY HOPE!!!!!!!
Mar 4, 2003
NYC
Well, according to your throat culture its Strep.

Ask a Doctor not an internet forum you herb!:rolleyes:

dG video

Feb 25, 2004
vermont
I cant stand going to the doctor/hospital unless I have to, I was just wondering if these are symptoms of mono or Its just a little cold.

Dan

justsomeguy

Monkey
Oct 3, 2005
rockymt21 said:
I cant stand going to the doctor/hospital unless I have to, I was just wondering if these are symptoms of mono or Its just a little cold.
It sounds like it's cancer, chlamydia and staph all mixed together.

A mountain biking forum is the BEST place to get a diagnosis for what ails you.

dG video

Feb 25, 2004
vermont
I guess i'll just go take a nap buck necket in the snow. See how I feel in the morning.

Dan

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
rockymt21 said:
I guess i'll just go take a nap buck necket in the snow. See how I feel in the morning.

Dan

I had the same thing. I went to the doctor, and he gave me some gnarly anti biotics and I'm better now...

Dirtbike

Monkey
Mar 21, 2005
eastbay
It sounds like you have a bad case of uhh... breast cancer. You dont have much time left to live. Give me your Sunday.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Go to the doctor you fool. When you've been sick for a week, this is one of those occasions where you need to go. It sounds like strep throat to me, but who knows. Ask a doctor.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
rockymt21 said:

Dan
I had a similar week of suffering. Turns out I had a bacterial infection of some type, got over it but ended up with bronchitis.

Anti-biotics for a week and I'm more or less good to go.

At this point you have been sick for a week, it is time to go get some help. Stop trying to be a tough guy, you are doing yourself more harm than good.

The Ito

P.S. Unless we can adminster a blood test over the internet there is no way of knowing if it is mono or strep or bronchitis or you being hungover.

If you want general medical advice try www.webmd.com

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
rockymt21 said:
So I just got through having what I thought was the flu, woke up with a sore throat one morning, stayed home from school and went back to bed, well about 3 hrs later when I woke up I had a temp of about 102, started getting an intensely sore throat, very very stuffed up and just down right no energy/feeling like crap. Well now about a week later, most of the symptoms had gone away, except for yesterday I noticed I was starting to get a sore throat, I thought it was just from sleeping with a fan on and my throat being all dried out but all throughout today my throat has been killing me, especially when I swallow. I have sores and pain all in my throat, on my tongue and around it, but all other symptoms of me previous cold are gone, I feel fine except for the whole throat thing. Another thing I notices is the area around my tonsell (whatever that thing that hangs down is) is all swollen and has white dots all over it. Do I have mono? :nopity:

Dan
Apparently the fever has caused brain damage. If it isn't chlamydia, staph or bird flu, (what have you been sucking on anyway?) it's probably strep which is not "just a virus" that you need to wait out. Either way, strep and two of the others I listed are bacteria and can affect your heart among other vital organs if you let it go untreated. Oh, plus you could die. Get off the fvking internet and go to the doctor.

dG video

Feb 25, 2004
vermont
Went to the doctor, rapid throat culture was negative, but they are testing one over night.

Dan