Quantcast

Anyone ever heard of Volkscycle?

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
I just picked up an early 70's Volkscycle road bike for 40 bucks yesterday and tried to do some research and haven't really found what I'm looking for.

Anyone hear of or know of Volkscycle?

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
Yea thanks for that, cause I couldn't figure out how to use Google before you showed me that....

As I said, I haven't found what I was looking for. Was just wondering if anyone else knew of anything just in case it wasn't convered by the lame a** Google search.

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
Alright, my bad for being all childish last night. I was tired as **** and was hoping for all the answers to be laid in my lap, obviously not the way to go about things. I did some research this morning. I have found what I needed...thanks.

worship_mud

Turbo Monkey
Dec 9, 2006
Alright, my bad for being all childish last night. I was tired as **** and was hoping for all the answers to be laid in my lap, obviously not the way to go about things. I did some research this morning. I have found what I needed...thanks.
do you mind to share your findings?

Ruffles

Chimp
Apr 3, 2012
Selah, Wa
do you mind to share your findings?
Sure haha. I found that some bikes with the name Volkscycle will have a badge on the front that says made in West Germany, which I was hoping mine would.....but....Others are just Japanese produced bikes that were given cool sounding names to "confuse" Americans who thought that "Japanese made" meant junk. I also found that my bike is form the early 70's. All in all I'm still stoked about my find, 40 bucks for a cool looking bike is well worth it. And don't worry, I'll post a pic as soon as I can!