Quantcast

Anyone ever own a Carhart Jacket?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I got one as an early Christmas present for someone whos about my size. I tried it on for fit and its really bulky. Does anyone if they shrink or not?

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
I love mine, there warm, not advisable for skiing :dead: good for construction and that hick look. They are made out of denim, so unless its been washed before or says pre-shrunk it will probably shrink a little.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
mmmmm...carhartt....I was wearing one when I bailed big time on my bike (tried bunny hopping onto a curb straight on at like 30mph..back tire wacked the curb, I went over the handle bars, hit hip first and slid for 15' on my side..) rode home with a fat hole in my jeans and the carhartt scuffed up. but, it's a kick ass jacket, have fun with it.

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
They are pretty much issued at the border of the counties where 'Mig and me live.

Now you need a hickory shirt, some Key logger jeans and Stihl suspenders and you will have the redneck thing down pat.

I have one of the Cordura nylon Carhart jackets. I love it.

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
How about this I ordered a 52 Tall..and that's the super bulky one, sleaves cover half my hand but the back of the jacket covers my ass. A friend has a 48 regular...which fits better but is too short to cover the back but the sleaves are perfect. go with a 48 reg or hope that the 52 shrinks to a proper size? I hate coat sizing...

gschuette

Monkey
Sep 22, 2004
Truck
manziman said:
mmmmm...carhartt....I was wearing one when I bailed big time on my bike (tried bunny hopping onto a curb straight on at like 30mph..back tire wacked the curb, I went over the handle bars, hit hip first and slid for 15' on my side..) rode home with a fat hole in my jeans and the carhartt scuffed up. but, it's a kick ass jacket, have fun with it.
Carhartt stuf is good stuff yes but you can't bunny hop a curb? :blah: :stosh: :D

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
get the zippers, i got the button wool lined, and in the cold when my hands are weak i cant do the buttons, or with gloves on. damn stiff buttons.

HippieKai

Pretty Boy....That's right, BOY!
Oct 7, 2002
hippie-ville
my uncle showed up at my house one day and handed me one and then told me i owed him pizza for it.....it was good pizza and the jacket rocks!

i have a strange family...coolest/friendliest people in the world though.

TheMontashu

Pourly Tatteued Jeu
Mar 15, 2004
I'm homeless
HippieKai said:
my uncle showed up at my house one day and handed me one and then told me i owed him pizza for it.....it was good pizza and the jacket rocks!

i have a strange family...coolest/friendliest people in the world though.
ya im related to rednecks WAT I AM A REDNECK

KNine

Monkey
Jul 18, 2004
North American For Life
Its been awile since i have had a an issue with one of there products. But if i am correct as long as you own the item. If say the zipper breaks or a snap comes out. You can call Carhartt and they will repair your item for free. You just pay shipping

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
ummbikes said:
They are pretty much issued at the border of the counties where 'Mig and me live.

Now you need a hickory shirt, some Key logger jeans and Stihl suspenders and you will have the redneck thing down pat.

I have one of the Cordura nylon Carhart jackets. I love it.
You hicks run around barefoot? Wheres the romeos?

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
I've got a lot of carhardtt stuff, mainly coats. One has a heavy lining that has been too hot for even the coldest days here in NC. I've got one of their zip up hoodies and I wear it the most, when I can get it back from my wife. Their stuff seems to last. My big coat was probably purchased a little too large and it is hard to move around in, that's probably why I don't wear it that much. I'd probably never buy one of their coats off the Internet, I'd definitely have to try it on before I bought it.