Quantcast

anyone ever owned one of these?

ridecruz888

Chimp
Feb 8, 2005
wondering if anyones ever owned one of these, its a 76 bronco hardtop, im thinking about getting one local here for 2g's...wondering if anyone knows anything about them, they seem like they'd be badass for offroading and room for bikes and all your friends

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
Bronco's and old Blazers are pretty sick. Loads of aftermarket parts for them, strong rear and front ends.......Bronco's are made by Ford though :)

I'm just a chevy guy....

But all in all I've been seeing more and more old bronco's around that have been restored or modded. 302's are ok motors but if you could find one with a 351 that'd be just a little better. I've seen some episodes of TRUCKS on Spike TV and they did a project I think called Crazy horse. I'd take a crazy horse anyday.

mack

Turbo Monkey
Feb 26, 2003
Colorado
Bah, that crazy horse sucked! What a gay truck. The frigen thing was purple!

They just seem too big and boxy to be practical, unless you are a bogger or rock crawler.

edit: that last one is done right.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Spunger said:
Bronco's and old Blazers are pretty sick. Loads of aftermarket parts for them, strong rear and front ends.......Bronco's are made by Ford though :)

I'm just a chevy guy....

But all in all I've been seeing more and more old bronco's around that have been restored or modded. 302's are ok motors but if you could find one with a 351 that'd be just a little better. I've seen some episodes of TRUCKS on Spike TV and they did a project I think called Crazy horse. I'd take a crazy horse anyday.
Word.

That bronco they did on TRUCKS was pretty sweet, they totally redid everything. They also had an episode where they got an old Willys wagon jeep (similar to an FJ55/FJ60) and lifted it up and rebuilt it. Sweet stuff....

Me, I have a 84 2door S10 blazer, and am unsure of whether I should lift it and mod it out, or keep it stock and then after high school get a Subie. :think:

Spunger

Git yer dumb questions here
Feb 19, 2003
mack said:
Bah, that crazy horse sucked! What a gay truck. The frigen thing was purple!
They just seem too big and boxy to be practical, unless you are a bogger or rock crawler.
The older Bronco's aren't as wide as the late 70's and 80's. They are more between a full size and a bronco II size. They make great trail rigs for just about anything and you don't have to get crazy parts to make it do it. They come with a ford 9" outback which is plenty strong, motor and trans will do the job, plus you can probably add a Atlas t-case to give some real low gearing. Suspension can be coil-over and such so it could rock crawl, mud bog, whatever really.

I agree, the purple sucked but the rest of the truck was spot on.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
COmtbiker12 said:
Word.

That bronco they did on TRUCKS was pretty sweet, they totally redid everything. They also had an episode where they got an old Willys wagon jeep (similar to an FJ55/FJ60) and lifted it up and rebuilt it. Sweet stuff....

Me, I have a 84 2door S10 blazer, and am unsure of whether I should lift it and mod it out, or keep it stock and then after high school get a Subie. :think:

Save and get the subie............I am currently rockin the 1970 chevy C-10 right now.....Not so kind on gas..........

ridecruz888 said:
wondering if anyones ever owned one of these, its a 76 bronco hardtop, im thinking about getting one local here for 2g's...wondering if anyone knows anything about them, they seem like they'd be badass for offroading and room for bikes and all your friends
Message Kanter on here, he's had several siiick bronco's I believe.

Booker

Monkey
Feb 5, 2003
Louisville, KY
Curb Hucker said:
Gas is 2.25 here too for premium. I get around 230-240 miles on a 23gal tank of premium. It costs me a quarter per mile :dead: this makes me fear the 1400mile trip next weekend.
:eek: thats 10mpg. I didn't know landrovers where THAT bad with gas milage. Gas in Louisville is 1.99 for the cheap stuff, my 4X4 V6 Frontier gets around 20 mpg (300-320mi per 16.5 gallon fill up) about 60% highway and 40% downtown traffic.

spookydave

Monkey
Sep 6, 2001
Orange County, CA
An old Bronco (66 - 77) could be worth some bucks if done up right. There is alot of people after those right now. Hard to find one that's not hacked up or beat to death. If it was nice for only 2K I would get over the color. Heck, you could rattle can it, drive it for 4 years and still sell it for more then you paid.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Booker said:
:eek: thats 10mpg. I didn't know landrovers where THAT bad with gas milage. Gas in Louisville is 1.99 for the cheap stuff, my 4X4 V6 Frontier gets around 20 mpg (300-320mi per 16.5 gallon fill up) about 60% highway and 40% downtown traffic.
It burns at about 3100 for 85mph, and has higher around town cruising RPMs than most vehicles as well. That, and I drive it like its an indy car.