Quantcast

Anyone ever seen that Trans-Siberian Orchestra?

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Cause they're in town and I hear theyre a bunch of former metal heads whailing away with an orchestra and Im thinking of paying to go, but I was curious if anyone's seen the show and waht they thought of it.

Worth the money?

Echo

crooked smile
Jul 10, 2002
Slacking at work
I heard it's pretty cool. I dunno if I'd go though. Maybe if I had a hot chick to go with, that way if it sucked at least I'd be with a hot chick.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Not sure if this helps you much, but with the exception of "Carol of the Bells", most of the stuff I've heard by them is pretty traditional. I will say that the bulk of what I've heard by them was Christmas music though.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I have seen them a couple of times and actually met them all (one of my private flute students starred in their movie "Ghost of X-mas Eve" - she was the blond girl and her mother played her mother at the end of the movie).
At any rate, they put on an excellent show and I would definately recommend seeing them. Sorry jacksonpt but I would have to disagree with your statement...I have all of their albums and the bulk of their music isn't what I would consider to be traditional (although they do have a few acoustic numbers that are pretty standard) and they have an entire album of material that isn't X-mas at all (Beethoven's last night). Yes, I am a music geek, but I atleast I am damn proud of it :D

Kornphlake

Turbo Monkey
Oct 8, 2002
Portland, OR
I've got their christmas CD (which I should dig out now that tis the season) and I'd agree with jacksonpt that there's only a couple of songs that are like the "carol of the bells" the rest is kind of mellow acoustical stuff. I enjoy it all though.

Edit:

I can't believe I bought that CD in '97!!!! Man am I getting old.