Quantcast

alexrex20

Chimp
Jun 25, 2010
Spring TX
maybe you missed the part where i said ive always had a 2nd or 3rd car.
plus, if you cant drive a normal 2wd truck in the snow they you must be from Texas.
oh ya, i forgot. you're a truck expert. that's why you'd rather drive in the snow in a car, rather than a high clearance 4x4 truck.

makes PERFECT sense.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
oh ya, i forgot. you're a truck expert. that's why you'd rather drive in the snow in a car, rather than a high clearance 4x4 truck.

makes PERFECT sense.
sorry if i dont watch extreme 4x4 and dream of a pickup with super swampers on a 10" lift. cause those are the only pickups in the world. :rolleyes:

Rockhucker

Chimp
May 11, 2010
Sacramento, CA
I normally don't post anything but I know first hand about supercharging Toyota trucks. I currently own a 01 Toyota Srunner that HAD a TRD supercharger, URD fuel kit(injectors, piggyback ECU, thermostat, fuel pump), Aquamist alcohol injection, TRD headers, no CAT exhaust, Eaton LSD, URD traction bar, and enough tuning gizmos to make everything work properly. I would say go ahead with the supercharging but keep in mind that everything may have to come off one day for smog issues and you definitely don't want to go to crazy with parts. Get you truck setup with the supercharger and proper fuel upgrades and be smart and stop there. My truck wouldn't pass smog here in CA with all that crap on it so I pulled everything off so that it was bone stock, well it didn't even get close to passing. I have chased down many problems like O2 sensors, a blown head gasket and questionable cats and the truck still won't pass. Now I have a 3500LB boat anchor in my driveway that I can't get rid of and most likely needs a new motor. The only reason I posted all this crap is because I don't want my scenario to happen to anyone else, be smart with the boost addiction.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

makes PERFECT sense.
have you ever actually driven in the snow?

FlyinPolack

Monkey
Jul 16, 2007
Yea, but they you're the moron getting 12MPG making less power in the gas truck. There's 3 fully built dodge diesel rigs up the street. 2 are in the 800-900 HP range and 1 is up over 1000, and loads more torque. All 3 still make near 20MPG daily. Full size V8 Gas trucks are a joke.
Since when do you have a clue?
My "Joke" of a truck makes me a lot of ****ing money.
It's $7K more for the diesel version of my truck. no thanks
Go & get some more cartoons put on your ass, dip****.

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Trade it in for a Chevy. @ 360 HP it's all the power I've ever wanted & more:thumb:
Are you serious? You can buy a Volvo with 300HP!

Does anyone know if you have to do anything to the box, will the auto start flaring on shifts with the extra power and torque? A supercharger plus an Aquamist system could make it quite a fun truck indeed.

Also you will pretty much have to do a full exhaust system to allow the extra gas to go somewhere so why not do that first? You may find it is enough of a gain to leave the supercharger alone, I doubt it but seing as you would have to do it anyway you may aswell do it first.