Quantcast

Anyone ever used these seat covers?

bean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 16, 2004
Boulder
I've been in cars with them. I don't remember anything about temperature, but I didn't think they were comfortable.

Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, I was wondering about the discomfort. I get in my car with a sweaty back a lot and just wondered if these things actually breathe.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
I've used something very similar on my motorcycle. They do provide a remarkable amount of cooling, so much in fact that as soon it starts getting cold around here I take it off the seat other wise my ass starts to freeze. Comfort I'm not so sure about. When I rode to Oregon and back I had dozens of small pressure points, instead of just two big ones. I've never done that kind of motorcycle mileage without it though, so the comparison might be a tad unfair.

Last edited:

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Yeah, I was wondering about the discomfort. I get in my car with a sweaty back a lot and just wondered if these things actually breathe.
They're terrific for that. A friend of mine used to have them in his truck that we'd park at the trail head, and I will say it was much nicer to get in and lean against those with a sweaty back or after having jumped in the lake for a post-ride swim... they just aren't really comfortable to lean against for long car rides.

Jan 4, 2013
okay, that is all helpful. I won't pay full price, but if I see one at a garage sale for cheap it's mine. I'd trade some comfort for ventilation.

and pesqueeb, i find it hard to belive that anyone gives you a hard time. tee hee.

Last edited:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
I've used something very similar on my motorcycle. They do provide a remarkable amount of cooling, so much in fact that as soon it starts getting cold around here I take it off the seat other wise my ass starts to freeze. Comfort I'm not so sure about. When I rode to Oregon and back I had dozens of small pressure points, instead of just two big ones. I've never done that kind of motorcycle mileage without it though, so the comparison might be a tad unfair.
whats wrong with putting some wooly lambskin on your seat???
those are great for putting miles on a bike.

on the beaded seat covers... a friend of my mom was the #1 fan for many years.
she drove around town a lot (for work), and she said is was the best thing ever.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
haha. So that is what those bead seat covers are for?! I've spent the last 27 years of my life thinking they were just some random artifact that my grandma kept around from the 70's in her car(s).

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
When I lived in Denver in the way back time it seemed like every yellow cabbie had a beaded seat cover. My 3rd grade teacher, who drove a 1968 Checker, also had one. She was Jewish, drank Red Zinger tea and spent a summer in Peru. Does that help?