Quantcast

Anyone ever visited Taiwan? (Taichung/ Taipei)

trialsmasta

Monkey
Oct 19, 2001
Austin TX
I will be going to Taichung next week and would love some info on things to do, bike shops worth checking out and in the event I score a hot deal on a bike frame if there is anyway to avoid the $100 up charge for oversize luggage.

Mike B.

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2001
State College, PA
I've been to Taipei, Taichung, and Yuan Lin. Pretty industrial in the cities but if you can get out in to the mountains a little, they are spectacular.

Craw

Monkey
Mar 17, 2002
I've been to Taipei and Taichung, when I was 6 and when I was 10.

All I remember from both trips were large family gatherings, food, and me getting in trouble for breaking things because I was running around recklessly inside my grandma's house.

They also had turtles. Whenever I got too hyper, they'd give me a turtle, and I chilled out for a bit while I played with it.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
I doubt you'd get slugged extra for any frame by the airlines as long as you aren't over weight. You definitely won't be oversize. Customs when you get back might be another matter.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
My dad lived in Taichung for two years between 1980-1982, but seeing as how he was a Mormon missionary, he probably couldn't notify you of any party spots...Said the mountains and jungles there are beautiful, though. I hear there's killer riding to be had.