Quantcast

Anyone excited for Cross season?

L

luelling

I know its early, we have about two months, but I'm already excited and looking forward to the misc races and the Cross Crusade here in Oregon.

L

luelling

well, I guess I'll just have to be extra excited to make up for everyone else :)

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
I might give it a shot for workout purposes this winter. Plus, it's about the only two wheeled competitive outlet going down here.

Question for y'all - I'm gonna do it on my SS Langster. Stock gear is a 44-16, which I know is too high. Can anybody give me a general idea what ratio they'd guesstimate to be good for relatively flat courses?

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
if you're thinking of racing the race at macon...depending on which way they run it, it isn't relatively flat.
i'd suggust a 42-20 or 42-18

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
OK, thanks for the gear suggestions.

Depends on venue. Arrowhead's got hills but Thomson's flat as a board. I might do a few of the other series races as well.

indieboy

Want fries with that?
Jan 4, 2002
atlanta
the thomson factory is flat, i don't think they are using that course though, but i could be wrong on that. if they do though, the thomson factory was choppy as hell the last time they had a race there and i would think it would be teh same.