Quantcast

Anyone fly in to work?

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
After a recent trip to Colorado made me miss the mountains like mad...I picked up a couple of real estate magazines and houses even in Boulder County are really reasonable compared to Los Angeles. So that got me thinking about communiting in to work. Anyone else fly into work? How well does that work with the family? how hard is it to plan the flights? I know it will get expensive flying back and forth but I think with the lower cost of living and the fact that I will be back in the mountains makes it worth it.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
living in CO and 'commute' to CA? Wouldn't you need to have a place to live in LA? I mean, you can't possibly think about flying to and from everyday? Regardless of money, you're talking commuting 6-8 hours everyday?

huckjunkie

Chimp
Feb 8, 2006
Lake Geneva, Wisconsin
Dude, my dad did that for a while and it didn't last long, he said it totally sucked and wasnt worth spendidng so much time away from home, and he is an airline pilot if that says anything.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I know a few people that commute from here to LA or the Bay. One guy I know works only 3 or 4 ten hour days a week. It takes him 2 hours to get there, 2 hours back (with security crap). Not sure on the cost...never asked... :dead:

I personally wouldn't ever do it. But that's me.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Who was this ****up?

:p

Anyone fly in to work? 04-28-2006 07:06 PM retard talking about **** he don't know anything about.

Pussy. SIGN YOUR REPS!

bigdrop05

Monkey
Mar 26, 2005
2 years from now would you want to still fly into work ?

I wouldn't,no way-not commercial airlines ..Private jet would be simple$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$..

Dog Welder

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Pasadena, CA
I'm a firefighter so we work 24hr shifts. Example: I'll work MOnday, Tuesday off, work wednesday, Thursday off, work friday, Sat. sun. mon. tuesday off. I can always crash at my parents house or work a couple overtimes/trades and make it work. I'd only fly twice every 9 days.