Quantcast

Anyone going to be in Williamsburg over...

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
the Thanksgiving weekend?
We're heading up to visit the 'rents. Is there any urban in and around Williamsburg/William and Mary? DJs close by? Jr. and I are looking to ride the day after turkey day.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
Trail Directions

Harwood Mills

From 64 Take J Clyde N. Exit, about 1 1/2 miles turn left on route 17, drive down a couple miles and take

a left on Oriana. Parking lot is on the left, trail is a little further down across the street.

Waller Mill (Dogwood Bike Trail) Closed

Take I-64 exit 238 and head west toward Williamsburg. At the first light, take a right onto Rochambeau Drive

and go 1.5 miles turning left at Airport Road. Go .25 mile to the park entrance on the left. The road will take you

to the parking area. The trail starts directly across from where you entered the park.

York River State Park, (Marl Ravine)

From I-64 take exit 231B onto Croaker Road (Route 607). Turn right onto Moss Side Lane after 1 ½ miles.

At the end of Moss Side Lane bear right onto Riverview Road. Turn left onto York River Park Road after 1 1/2 miles.

York River Park Road ends at the parking lot and visitor center.

NOTICE OF PARK CLOSING

Freedom Park (Patriots Ride)

Heading West On Interstate 64 take exit 234A on to Route 199. From Route 199 in about 3 or so Miles

take the Longhill Road exit. Turn right onto Longhill Road (Route 612). Follow Longhill Road until it ends

at the park gates. Once inside the park gates follow road to the parking lot.

New Quarter Park (Redoubt Run)

From I-64 take exit 242A on to Route 199. After about a mile look for large green sign "(143) Williamsburg" and
take that exit bearing right onto Merrimac Trail for about a mile or two heading toward Williamsburg. Turn right at the traffic

light past the 7-11 onto Penniman Drive go just pass the school and take the next left onto Hubbard Lane. After about 1 mile+
you’ll go under a small overpass, just after that turn right onto Lakeshead Drive. There is a green sign for New Quarter Park

at the intersection of Hubbard and Lakeshead. Lakeshead Drive ends at the park (a little over a mile). If you park to your left

the trail head is along the right of the tree line Across The field in front of you

Upper County Park (Trail UnNamed)

From I-64 take Exit 227 (Toano) to Route 30 South heading towards Toano/Williamsburg. After about 1/3

mile turn right onto Old Stage Road, just before the gas station and McDonalds's. After about 1/3 mile, turn

right onto Leisure Road. Follow Leisure Road into the park.

thats every trail in w'burg

there is also some dj action in norfolk which will be about 45 min drive depending where you are in w'burg.

if'n yer interested let me know and I can send you a map or a link.

edit: i'd show you personally but i'm going to be in florida.

Peete

Turbo Monkey
May 5, 2002
just south of the ATL
Thanks a ton ridetoofast.

If we had time to only hit one location, which will probably be the case, what would have the juiciest DJs?

Also there is no mention of W&M street. My parents are close enough for us to ride there. Is there anything there?

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
there are no djs at any of those parks...only xc there, with the exception of the stuff just built at new quarter. if you go through the trail there are ALL sorts of places to make your own log ride if you just look around on the trail. check out sir crackiens thread for a look see of what's been built.
the only djs are in norfolk.
there is some urban potential around w'burg and on the campus of wm.