Quantcast

Anyone going to Firestone tomorrow?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Hello,

Sorry if you get this twice (or more).

The 2007 Firestone Santa Ynez Valley Classic presented by Platinum Performance is April 27-29. This is only 91 days from today! Ouch!

This Saturday, Feb 3rd will be our first trail work day. This past weekends rain will make the dirt perfect for trail building. Work only 3-4 hrs and ride from 1PM to 4PM! Ride what you build! No hikers or horses, only a few cows … in the beautiful Santa Ynez Valley. This is a bonus day for sure, what life is all about! Well, not really but it sounds good. J

When: 8 AM to 1 PM – Trail Work

1 PM to 4 PM – YOU CAN RIDE! Anyone showing late will need to work at least 3 hrs before riding, sorry need to fair to everyone else that shows on time.

What to bring: Shovels, rakes, picks, Mc Leads (Mc Clouds), etc., lunch, water, bike, helmet, parent if you’re a minor, sunscreen, rain jacket.

Directions: Take CA State Highway 154 to Zaca Station Road, go just over a mile to rusted steel gate on your right, it will be open and have MTB tires hanging on it. DO NOT GO TO THE OLD GATE BY THE FIRESTONE’S HOUSE, THAT GATE IS CLOSED.

Please reply to this message if you plan to make it.

We need XC and DH riders to work on their respective trails.

Please pass this on.

Thanks,

Mike

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Yeah, I figured that out after I wrote the first line and then edited.

Are you coming? I think tomorrow will be a perfect time 'cause of the rain, you should go.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I've talked to Mike about the DH course a little. The DH finish has to move appearantly to finish at the same timing area as the XC.
As I was quite happy with how the course finished I'm a little concerned.
On the top, I want to make some more turns after the railroad tie dropoff thing.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Yeah..I guess it is.

edit: I didn't mean a full rockgarden, like on Tunnel. Just some rocks sticking of out the dirt a little bit by the bottom to make it more technical.