Quantcast

Anyone going to silver mt.

krustydude

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
Richland, WA
Hey, just checking to see if anyone was going to head to silver mt. this weekend. I'm probably going and I'm hoping for a decent sized crowd. Ring in if you're down. How has the long course been this year those of you who have been racing and riding?

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
I should be there. Supposed to be the top-to-bottom this go-'round. With the dry weather, it should be properly beat to crap by the locals by now. Hopefully the rain and cool will last a few days to tame down the dust.

Uruk-hai

Monkey
Oct 13, 2004
The 'Quah
I was there a couple of weeks ago...it was pretty dry and dusty but still good.

Does anyone know when signup and racing begins? I will be in Spokane Saturday night and might be able to hit the race on Sunday depending on the time.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
Does anyone know when signup and racing begins? I will be in Spokane Saturday night and might be able to hit the race on Sunday depending on the time.
Straight off their home page today:

"Sunday Race Series Finale
Sunday, August 26, 2007
Race starts at the Mt. Haus, initially down Jackass, then merging into Hammer. Down Hammer into 11A, enter Spooky Woods at Alhambra entrance and follow course markings to the start of the Pepsi-Can. Race continues down the newly open upper-half of the Pepsi-Can, then ties into Wide Open via a skinny single-track and continues through Frog Trees, across Cemetery Road and finishes at the gravel turnout. Trophies will be awarded for the SRS winners. CHECKS will be presented for the winner(s) of this race (for all categories). Registration is from 9 am to noon in the season pass office in the gondola village area. The competitors brief is at 12:45 in front of the Mountain Haus on the mountain. Race starts at 1 pm with awards at 3 pm in the gondola village plaza. Course practice arrows will be up on the 25th."