Quantcast

Anyone going to Sugar this Saturday???

I know the old course and how to shuttle it, but I haven't raced up there since 02' from the 3/4 station. I've heard about the new section butch cut up top, and I guess I'll find it but just wondered if anyone would be there??

JeffD

Monkey
Mar 23, 2002
Macon, GA
In case you hadn't seen the other posts, they're gonna be running their lifts on the weekend of 6/3-4. Most of us regulars will be there then.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
jonnynails said:
I know the old course and how to shuttle it, but I haven't raced up there since 02' from the 3/4 station. I've heard about the new section butch cut up top, and I guess I'll find it but just wondered if anyone would be there??
FYI. To find the start of the new course from the top of the mountain:

If you are standing facing the lift, there will be a wooden archway on your left facing down a STEEP slope. Ride through the arches and aim for the snow blower. When you pop back out on the slope after the first steep drop, cross the slope and aim for the hole on your left around 80 yards down the hill. Pop back out and go straight across the slope back into the woods.

After you come out on the big bald rock face, veer right as if you're headed to Donovan's Dungeon. But before you get around the curve, the nasty drop and boulder field are on your left and down a super steep embankment. It comes out in the first turn of the Dungeon.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
damnit...keep telling the wife I need to go Sunday, but she's got something to do on Sat and doesn't wanna be stuck at home on Sunday alone with 2 mouths..I mean lovely daughters.

My fiance keeps bringing up kids and I try and tell her that life as we know it will be over!!! I'm sure it is well worth it, but i bet you have your hands full with two daughters. I'm surprised you are able to be as involved as you are. I'll check back, so if your situation changes let me know. Good luck.

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
bizutch said:
you will cut your rides down to near nothing once you have kids.
I get a decent amount of rides in, but not many races. Trick is to plan alot of time for her to go and do some hobby she likes, then they don't mind appeasing our bike addiction. At least it is an addiction to me I think, but I can't admit to it or I would be on the way to being cured.:rofl:

Anyway, I have two daughters and really they are awesome. One of them was riding her bike before any boys on the street. Heck Yeah!!

Tattooo

Turbo Monkey
Jun 5, 2005
OV
You kids still riding Sunday? I had to bag my trip to ETSU due to marriage related crap (not kids, no, even better, the mother in law. May she get hit with a bus, a car and then done with a tank) so I might be able to bump down to Sugar. Besides, I'd like to see it before the race.

lemme know

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
Tattooo said:
You kids still riding Sunday? I had to bag my trip to ETSU due to marriage related crap (not kids, no, even better, the mother in law. May she get hit with a bus, a car and then done with a tank) so I might be able to bump down to Sugar. Besides, I'd like to see it before the race.

lemme know
if you have not seen the new stuff then yo ushould certainly go before the race......