Quantcast

Anyone going to whistler this weekend?

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
I'll be up there this weekend with my wife and some other friends of ours. It's not really a riding trip but I'm going to spend Sunday on the hill. One of the other guys going with us rides some so he's going to bring his bike but I'm guessing he'll most likely stick to the likes of B-line and such since that's what he's used to. So if anyone's planning to be up there and wants to hook up for some rides let me know.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
My family and I are heading up this weekend as well. I don't plan on riding non stop both days, but I will be on the hill. What bike are you going to be on, or how could I identify you? I would love to make a few runs with you. :thumb:

SR

Monkey
Dec 8, 2001
Olympia WA
cool Kim. I'm riding a black gemini with all black jr T. I'll probably be wearing black shirt and shorts or something just to round out the ol ninja styleeZ. What shall I keep an eye out for?

oh and good to hear you're back up and rolling again :thumb:

Jr_Bullit

I'm sooo teenie weenie!!!
Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Hiya, I'll be up there Saturday with my sweetie and some friends. Sunday probably going to head south and play on the Shore. Say howdy if y'all see me...I'll be on the beat up bullit (what else is new) ;).

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
SR said:
cool Kim. I'm riding a black gemini with all black jr T. I'll probably be wearing black shirt and shorts or something just to round out the ol ninja styleeZ. What shall I keep an eye out for?

oh and good to hear you're back up and rolling again :thumb:
I will be on my gold gemini with a dorado. Probably wearing the red, white and blue old town gear, or black and grey Seimens mobile jersey. I will keep an eye out for you! :thumb:

My wife and I will be there as well, we plan on riding during extended play on Saturday night. I'll be on a black Uzzi SLX, my wife a silver Quasi Moto.

Hey Jr. Bullit, I hope your Juliana is still working out well for you.

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Witness relocation housing
I wont be there.... but we are talking a shore day the following weekend (saturday).... Day trip......location still in the air......

SR! Were we going to work on your bike a while back? I forgot if we settled what you needed. Ill have a pretty clear calender next week as the wife and kid are headed to cali. Ill be workign on bikes, riding bikes, watching bike movies, ect......call if ya wanna come hang and tune the bike.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
oly said:
I wont be there.... but we are talking a shore day the following weekend (saturday).... Day trip......location still in the air......
Hey Oly,
Let me know if a shore day trip is in the works. I have been itching to get up there, and would love to hook up for the day! :thumb:

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
holliswood said:
Hey Oly,
Let me know if a shore day trip is in the works. I have been itching to get up there, and would love to hook up for the day! :thumb:
Kim,

Kevin R will be up there and hasnt ever ridden the shore. Amy (snacks) is in some sort of ride clinic that weekend so i thought that i could meet him and show him CBC - neds. Also Tyler from the team hasnt ever been and wants to go. I vote for Seymore as im riding up tiger the day before, but can do whatever. Fromme just involves so much hike/traverse. Its a real loose plan so far, but Saturday the 7th is the date. I wanted to go friday with Jewels, but cant swing the day... and he will be in whistler on saturday..... Keep an eye on the forum. We will solidify plance once kev and amy get back from sunpeaks.

holliswood

Monkey
Mar 16, 2004
University Place
oly said:
Kim,

Kevin R will be up there and hasnt ever ridden the shore. Amy (snacks) is in some sort of ride clinic that weekend so i thought that i could meet him and show him CBC - neds. Also Tyler from the team hasnt ever been and wants to go. I vote for Seymore as im riding up tiger the day before, but can do whatever. Fromme just involves so much hike/traverse. Its a real loose plan so far, but Saturday the 7th is the date. I wanted to go friday with Jewels, but cant swing the day... and he will be in whistler on saturday..... Keep an eye on the forum. We will solidify plance once kev and amy get back from sunpeaks.
Sounds great! Seymour would be cool. If you want to carpool up, you could shoot to my house, then I could drive up. I will keep an eye on the thread, but count me in.

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Gfreak said:
My wife and I will be there as well, we plan on riding during extended play on Saturday night. I'll be on a black Uzzi SLX, my wife a silver Quasi Moto.

Hey Jr. Bullit, I hope your Juliana is still working out well for you.

You should already know that bike's the best thing I could ever have built up and pedaled around on :thumb: :D The ability to ride XC in this area is so awesome! The bullit is now saved for the Shore and periodically at Whistler.

Maybe see you up there on Saturday!

Jr

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
Hey Holliswood and Oly...The Shore the following weekend stuff :)

Snacks & Kevin and I were talkin bout this yesterday as Steve lives within about 20 minutes of the Shore trails and rides on all four mountains pretty much daily. I know he's looking forward to hooking up with Kevin and showing him some of the local trails. Snacks and I were gonna go hit some of the lower-key trails on Sunday after her class day if she can.

Y'all maybe willing to hook up and do a group ride? Steve was talking about taking Kevin over to Eagle and showing him some of the super flowy fun stuff, and some other stuff on either Fromme or Seymour on Saturday...

PM me if you're up for it...I'll give ya Steve's and my numbers...Kevin & Snacks have those already so we can hook up on the Shore. I'm up there most weekends these days.

Jr

oly

skin cooker for the hive
Dec 6, 2001
Jr_Bullit said:
Y'all maybe willing to hook up and do a group ride? Steve was talking about taking Kevin over to Eagle and showing him some of the super flowy fun stuff, and some other stuff on either Fromme or Seymour on Saturday...

Jr
Eagle? Thats new sounding to me..... Ive also heard woodlot has some flowy stuff... maybe this is the same place?? I pretty much just dont want to hike a bunch to get to the trails, and hike once we are on them (Fromme, both cases). Im good to go either way. Have a few more people to call. Psycho mike was also in on the talk last week....... seeing how hes on his extended weekend he wants to ride also.....

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
oly said:
Eagle? Thats new sounding to me..... Ive also heard woodlot has some flowy stuff... maybe this is the same place?? I pretty much just dont want to hike a bunch to get to the trails, and hike once we are on them (Fromme, both cases). Im good to go either way. Have a few more people to call. Psycho mike was also in on the talk last week....... seeing how hes on his extended weekend he wants to ride also.....

:D The woodlot I believe is on Eagle...and when he found it the first time Steve wouldn't stop talking about it...lol...it's supposed to be amazing (I can't ride it at my level...lol but I can walk and take pics!). Kevin mentioned Psycho Mike going last night when we were toolin round, Steve and I (I believe) rode with him out at Rat Pac a while back...

Either way, good stuff...just lemme know

erikkellison

Monkey
Jan 28, 2004
Denver, CO
Rescuing it.
I am planning on a trip up to Whistler this Sunday with a friend of mine. I roll a Bullit w/ Super T, and a Mace Swat jacket, all black (possibly covered up by a Blue Azonic jersey) and a red 661 FFH. He's on a Stinky primo that has been well-loved. We like Garbanzo, the Merchant and A-Line.
However, the trip may be derailled (sp?) toward Hemlock Valley for cost considerations, and the fact that he'll be returning from Nationals the night prior.

roscifer

Chimp
Mar 14, 2004
Bellingham
Jr_Bullit said:
:D The woodlot I believe is on Eagle...and when he found it the first time Steve wouldn't stop talking about it...lol...it's supposed to be amazing (I can't ride it at my level...lol but I can walk and take pics!). Kevin mentioned Psycho Mike going last night when we were toolin round, Steve and I (I believe) rode with him out at Rat Pac a while back...

Either way, good stuff...just lemme know

The Woodlot is actually all on it's own, smack dab between mission and maple ridge. Fastest way is to get off the freeway in b'ham and head through the sumas crossing. Warning, there is a 45min to 1hr push up a nasty skidder road, but once there it is well worth it. Platinum is the trail in all the new videos with the big to bigger to monster gaps, some skinnies and woodwork, and big burmed turns. The other trails are mostly stunt oriented, with amazing construction and lots of logs, ramps, the usual. And suprisingly there is a lot of challenging stuff for beginner shore riders to try that isn't life threatening.

Woodlot is love :thumb:

Jr_Bullit

Sep 8, 2001
North of Oz
OKey dokey if you say so ;)...I've only gone berry picking in the foothills below...and rather than going through the sumas exit we head northeast from steve's place. I'm fraid that the best directions I can give is to bring steve into the conversation ;). (He always drives anyways when we go play on the shore :D). And as he would say...I'm always getting the trails and the mountains they're on mixed up...

Edit: Okay...I'm a dork but not a huge one...steve confirmed that the woodlot's over in Maple Ridge but very similar to what's on Eagle. Eagle's more of an unknown, but from what he's ridden on both areas, Eagle's more fun, flowy, fast with big drops and jumps, logs etc. Locationally - Eagle is very close to the woodlot which is why I got all mixed up :D

Either way, we're both cool with riding whereever. I want to go ride CBC faultline again and will probably head that direction on Sunday with Snacks. :D