Quantcast

Anyone got his DHX2 Avalanched?

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
My 2017 DHX2 should get some service love and I am thinking about sending it to Craig for his SSD treatment, together with his better bumper and IFP. Anyone got a DHX2 with Avy damper and liking it? Disliking it? Bacon?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
My 2017 DHX2 should get some service love and I am thinking about sending it to Craig for his SSD treatment, together with his better bumper and IFP. Anyone got a DHX2 with Avy damper and liking it? Disliking it? Bacon?
No, I've heard Craig talk about it, it seems to align with what Vorsprung says the limitations are. If you are interested, I'd suggest watching the Vorsprung video where they compare the DHX2 to the CCDB. It's a pretty good rundown of the limitations of each.

tacubaya

Monkey
Dec 19, 2009
Mexico City
If you end up going with it skip the aluminum IFP, the stock one works just fine and there's zero risk of it damaging the reservoir unlike Craig's.

mykel

closer to Periwinkle
Apr 19, 2013
sw ontario canada
No, I've heard Craig talk about it, it seems to align with what Vorsprung says the limitations are. If you are interested, I'd suggest watching the Vorsprung video where they compare the DHX2 to the CCDB. It's a pretty good rundown of the limitations of each.
One of he shocks available with the frame I'm building this winter is the DHX2 I know when I asked him about getting a DHX2 and having him mod it, he told me to see if I could get a RS SuperDeluxe RCT coil instead. Cheaper to start, better platform for mods and a higher final capability. He did not seem to be super impressed by the Fox internals, and far less so with the CC guts.

For what its worth.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
One of he shocks available with the frame I'm building this winter is the DHX2 I know when I asked him about getting a DHX2 and having him mod it, he told me to see if I could get a RS SuperDeluxe RCT coil instead. Cheaper to start, better platform for mods and a higher final capability. He did not seem to be super impressed by the Fox internals, and far less so with the CC guts.

For what its worth.
The Vorsprung take-down of the Monarch+ vs. SuperDeluxe was similar, significant improvements with the SD not related to being "metric", just related to them fixing the fucked-up stuff, like high-speed rebound stacks that never activate, etc. The point with this and the twin-tube coil shock videos was that plenty of fucked-up WTF stuff still exists on OEM shocks.

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
Yeah he's spoken to me at length at the limitations of the twin tube systems. He would probably tell you to sell it (the resale on those is solid), and then buy a new Fox Van RC and send that to him. Or find a used RC4 and do the same.

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
I had Craig do my float x2 for my pivot 5.5
Essentially you can get a good amount more low speed compression from the shock without getting harsh.
Not sure the rebound system is really improved. The bike originally was either harsh or rode low, and made you wanna stuff her full of volume spacers. Now no volume spacers, and more compression dampening and not harsh.

Its worth the cost if you can get along with Craig.

Last edited: