Quantcast

Anyone got some BETA on the Azonic Meat Grinders?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Look pretty decent, your typical integrated BB style crankset. Just wondering about weight and durability. I'm on some older Diabolus right now...and I really don't need it. Too much damn crank!
AND I can get em em in Black and Skull....which is always cool when you're an ink collector... "thumb"

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Their website says they only come in 175mm.. so that's something to consider.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I know! I saw that too and I'm kinda wonderin! I'm actually on 175s right now and have been wondering if I shouldn't be on much shorter cranks. I'm only 5'7" with short legs....
I've never actually thought it mattered, but I just saw some video of myself and I bounce funny when I pedal, rather than spinning smoothly.... I prob need..what...165s, 170s?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
I know! I saw that too and I'm kinda wonderin! I'm actually on 175s right now and have been wondering if I shouldn't be on much shorter cranks. I'm only 5'7" with short legs....
I've never actually thought it mattered, but I just saw some video of myself and I bounce funny when I pedal, rather than spinning smoothly.... I prob need..what...165s, 170s?
Well you likely should be on shorter cranks to start with, but here's a start.

http://www.machinehead-software.co.uk/bike/cranks/cyclist_crank_length_calculator.html

For downhill bikes, most people run 170's or 165's for clearance since the bikes are so low now.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Well, uh...according to that I need 160s! I have like a 29"-30" inseam! I'm a damn dwarf!
That's cool, though...it explains my difficulty in sprinting!
Thanks for the heads up!

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Shows what you get for thinkin again... :)
Actually, as stated, they're available in black as well, but I only had the skulls pic saved and didn't feel like going to the site to save another pic, then load it to imageshack just to post on here since NO ONE ELSE ****ING CARES CUZ IT'S JUST A DAMN PICTURE OF A BICYCLE CRANK!!!!!!!