Quantcast

Anyone happen to have any info on this stunt?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
SilentJ said:
If you rotate it the way slugman wants, he'd be on his belly which would be a weird position to take a picture of the action. I think the perspective from which the picture was taken gives a weird view of the tranny.
QUOTE]

Or just resting up against a slope? Fuk...we'll never know.

SilentJ

trail builder
Jun 17, 2002
Calgary AB
cederrowe said:
Pretty sur the rider is Nathan Rennie, white Santa Cruz v10 with the 06 boxxer
That's what I thought at first too, but it was basically wild assumptions.

How are you "pretty sur"?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Rennie, huh? He has been getting pretty silly lately. The more I look at it, the more confused I get. That tranny doesn't look "fresh." There's several older, beat in looking tracks in it. Enough so, that it looks like it dips in a good 6" in the middle of it.

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
THRILLSEEKA said:
I'm not really concerend about the plants growing all funny. Even around here, when the ground caves, or slides, the plants still grow from the top soil, and in any direction they can.
I'm looking at the grass and shrubs in the background - top left of the picture. That much growth growing in the same direction is what first caught my eye and made me suspicous.

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
How about this one, Your right the tranny has alot of landing marks on it, old or new? just to many for a drop this big if you know what I mean. How many people are capable?

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I think Max just knows of my affection for the great Bendini... And the rider in the pic isn't having rough sex with his stem...so no Bendy here...
But please, let us leave that subject as quickly as possible and curse you for bringing it up!

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
News Flash! This just in from Canada! photo geek has spoken!

ok i tried rotating that pic, and the look doesn't work.

take a look at the run in, it's running down at an angle, if you rotate it, that would mean he would be ridding up the at an incline instead. So if it is flipped 90 degrees back wards it would look like he is landing a gap and cat walking over a step down, that is almost flat.

Look at how the camer guy sits, the camera is pointed up, and he has to lean right against the ground.

Now take a loom at the trees and shrubs. Notice how only the thick trees will grow up at a hook from the ground. But because of natural gravity, look at how the rest of every thing else is pointing down. Also the rocks would not be running down, as in a wash board formation, unless the angle is vertical.

Now take a look at the clay areas, because of water running down, the clay formation is running down, just like how you would pour water down a window.

So if it is really changed in angle, then it would have to be very very slightly changed, other wise everything would be all out of place

Whatever this all means....

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Cederrow, I beleive all of that meens that this is a poorly shot picture of a poorly done stunt, the rider hit a freaking tree on the way down for godsake! Lesson learned, if you are going to hit a huge drop make sure you hire a good photog that will identify himself afterward and post the RAW file for scructiny.

The Bender comment was a jab at TRILLSEEKA

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I don't think anyone's hearing your point, Cederrowe...
And yeah, I mentioned the roll-in earlier.

And WHO IN THE HELL said he hit a tree???? And HOW is this a "poorly done stunt"?????
And NO, Wumpus, we're saying that THAT angle does NOT work...

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
I know I said this before, but to me when jumping your foot is parallel with the ground or somewhat, the original his foot is pointed straight down which seems funny, when rotated it is flat which IMO is correct

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
He's not jumping, he's dropping(assuming the pic is true), and if it is, he's dropping SLOW. More like a really light ride-down... His feet are right in shape with the bike's positioning.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
Wow, this is funny, we would be better off guessing how many licks it takes to get to center of a tootsie pop.

Sure looks strange in many ways. I'm guessing it is either real, a gap on it's side, or a drop with about ten extra vertical feet of blue rock that has no business being there.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Yeah...what OG said. But what the hell, apparently we don't have anything better to do! I just wanna see it from another angle, and was hoping someone's seen this already!

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
THRILLSEEKA said:
And NO, Wumpus, we're saying that THAT angle does NOT work...
I think you need to look at it more carefully.

The dude in the bushes. You can clearly tell that he is wearing a hat, arm up, etc.

The drainage is from the mound in the front right draining through the gap.

The photographer is standing on a hill ABOVE the rider taking the pic. You can see the base of the hill in bottom right corner.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Yeah, was just looking at that, too, but I can't tell what the rider in the pic is wearing. That may help, too.
I think we can assume it's not Rennie. Not really his flava anyway.
Wish I could just SEE this damn thing. I wanna see what they are trying to avoid by turning the tranny, unless it's just nothing and this way it rolls back into trail, but it LOOKS like the cliff/hillside just keeps on going down...

w00dy

In heaven there is no beer
Jun 18, 2004
that's why we drink it here
look really close at the original, there is a detail in the bushes that repeats itself about 4 times. if you've ever tried to clean up a photo, you'll know that it's easiest to do by cutting and pasting little patches.
The disappearing fork/wheel is what the magic wand tool will do to a blurry bit when you're trying to cut something out of another picture.

It's fake, and I feel stupid for spending my time discussing it.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
I don't really think that's a "kicker," I think it's still a mostly flat run-in but we're still dealing with an image altering lens, a telephoto or a wideangle, whatever. I don't think you'll ever get it straight. Besides, who would want to hit a flat "flying wedgie" booter like that for a step down ,anyways??? Ouch.

And think about this: If a wideangle lens was used, it would explain the uphill booter, and the bermed/curved tranny. it's just a step down!

And Woody, I don't think you feel stupid for discussing it, I think you feel stupid because you're just making crap up. "Detail that repeats itself in the bush?" Yeah...they're branches. The fork didn't "disappear," there's a fugging TREE in front of it. :eyeroll: The pic is real, it's just "bent."
I say delimna solved, until other straight pics surface.

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
Check this out, got hold of the guy who posted it, he said what photo do you want a link to? I told him this one and he never gets back to me....funny how that works..Although I don't think he altered the photo..just found it somewhere

cederrowe

Monkey
Feb 18, 2006
portland, oregon
Here this will end all the doubt, even I was wrong! At about 58 second and 3 something it shows the drop being hit twice. Once again proving photos can fool they eye into thinking somethings wrong. Well enjoy monkey's, now we have to find something else completly useless to argue over....I'm searching for something else.......http://mairie.risoul.free.fr/xclip6.mpg