Quantcast

Anyone Have 265-75-16 Tires stock on their Truck

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
Costco wont even give me a price on BFG ATs or MTs in this size because it is not stock on my truck. I need to know a truck that comes from the factory with 265-75-16's on them, and then they will tell me a price. Thanks.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
So they won't give you a price since it's not the stock tyre? That's just stupid. I'm in NY so I doubt you'll buy them here but I'll see if my parts department can give me a price.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Curb Hucker said:
Costco wont even give me a price on BFG ATs or MTs in this size because it is not stock on my truck. I need to know a truck that comes from the factory with 265-75-16's on them, and then they will tell me a price. Thanks.

That is the stock size on a 96-02 Toyota 4Runner Limited.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
265/75 was the stock size on my '98 Tacoma. I had 15" rims, but I believe they offer a factory upgrade to 16" rims.

J

JRB

I had them on my Xterra. It's an 02. They are 265/75/16s.

I put something different on there though. They are the same height, but more narrow.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
if you have the means, just take the rims off your truck and get a friend to take you down there with the rims in tow. they dont have to know what vehicle they WERE on.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
luken8r said:
if you have the means, just take the rims off your truck and get a friend to take you down there with the rims in tow. they dont have to
know what vehicle they WERE on.
nope that doesnt work, my friend tried it, the costco employee will get to the "what vehicle" section on the computor, and if you say you dont know they wont mount them to the rims. This is why you have to know what vehicle had the tires you want as a stock option. Their system is messed up bad, they wont sell me 265-75-16s for my land rover, however they will sell me 5 265-75-16s if i tell them that i own a 95 Tahoe. The even stanger thing is that if i tell them that i have a Tahoe and have them mount up the tires i can leave my truck in the lot, jack up and take in 1 wheel at a time (with the landrover logos still on the wheels) and they will put them on, not only that but after i have them do each individually they will put my rover up on a lift and do a rotation. They just wont mount them to the wrong truck directly :confused:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Try America's Tire or for your area I think it's Discount Tire. I used to shop at Costco for tires, but this place will meet or beat Costco's tire prices. Plus they don't care what vehicle it goes on.

Salami

Turbo Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Waxhaw, NC
Curb Hucker said:
nope that doesnt work, my friend tried it, the costco employee will get to the "what vehicle" section on the computor, and if you say you dont know they wont mount them to the rims. This is why you have to know what vehicle had the tires you want as a stock option. Their system is messed up bad, they wont sell me 265-75-16s for my land rover, however they will sell me 5 265-75-16s if i tell them that i own a 95 Tahoe. The even stanger thing is that if i tell them that i have a Tahoe and have them mount up the tires i can leave my truck in the lot, jack up and take in 1 wheel at a time (with the landrover logos still on the wheels) and they will put them on, not only that but after i have them do each individually they will put my rover up on a lift and do a rotation. They just wont mount them to the wrong truck directly :confused:

CH

Maybe I can help you out a bit. I work at Costco and worked in the Tire Center for about 10 years (was Supervisor for about 4 of them).

First off, specifically what vehicle are you trying to put tires on (year, make, and model)?

Rich

amateur

Turbo Monkey
Apr 18, 2002
Orange County
Brian HCM#1 said:
Try America's Tire or for your area I think it's Discount Tire. I used to shop at Costco for tires, but this place will meet or beat Costco's tire prices. Plus they don't care what vehicle it goes on.
I'll vouch for that. America's Tire is good people. Good road hazard warrant w/ sidewall protection. You'll probably be looking $120-140 for your tires.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Curb Hucker said:
you're bagging on my pathfinder and you have stock tires? for shame. :nuts:

anyway, i went through the same mess. ended up having costco just mount the tires on bare rims, so ended up having to spend extra $$ for another set of wheels. stupid.