Quantcast

Anyone have a Creative Nomad Jukebox?

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
i've got the 30 gig version. i like it. plenty of play time. easy to transfer files. i store mp3's and some data on mine.
files are left uncoded so you can swap them in and out pretty easily.
it is a hard drive though so keep that in mind for usage. I do ride with mine and have ridden off road with it in my pocket several times (with the protective cover on it. little bulky)
with full finger gloves the selector buttons/toggle switches can be a little tricky.
if you dont really need that much storage i'd go for one of the smaller, 5gig players. i think their flash or something similar because they'd have no moving parts therefore less to break.
All in all it’s a great product.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Yeah, I'm looking at the 30 gig version. I'd get the extended warrenty, so if it breaks, just go back to worst buy and say, GIMMEA NEW ONE!

I've only read one bad review, I think it was on epinions.com

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
My friend has one. He's had to reformat it about 3 times...The transfer software kind of sucks. I'd look into one of the new Rio Carbons.

korked7

Monkey
Aug 8, 2002
Park City, Utah, USA
ive been looking at a few mp3 players to store my extensive music collection. ive been considering an iPod with 40G and the Nomad both seem like great players... the nomad wins as far as price goes

I have the Zen USB 2.0 and I absolutely love it. The screen is bigger on the newer ones and the scroll function is a bit nicer, and I say definitely go for it.

EDIT: I've had it for 2 yrs now, never had to reformat or anything to it. As far as transfer software, you can use Windows Explorer to transfer songs and files so I don't know where the comments on it having bad transfer programs comes from...

EDIT: Also, my sister just bought the Xtra per my recommendation, along with three of my friends who bought the Xtra per my recommendation, and all of them absolutely love it.

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I have an iRiver and it is awesome.

40gig, Optical Digital in/out, in-line recording/mp3 encoding, and it works like a USB harddrive, so oyu can swap files in/out on any PC.