Quantcast

Anyone have a Pivot 429?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I would like to see a Marin Quad FS 29er in the not too distant future.

Rode one of their 26ers yesterday in Providence at Outdoor Demo East and was totally impressed.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Just buy one.

Buy it from me and I'll give you a headset.

The frame is going to be heavier than your Exo RX29er, but it will, without a doubt, pedal more efficiently. I think our large with XT came in at 29lbs. The guy who bought it wants 2 more. He was on a Motolite and RX 100. Those prototype frames were nice...they had a trans-red paint on them.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Just buy one.

Buy it from me and I'll give you a headset.

The frame is going to be heavier than your Exo RX29er, but it will, without a doubt, pedal more efficiently. I think our large with XT came in at 29lbs. The guy who bought it wants 2 more. He was on a Motolite and RX 100. Those prototype frames were nice...they had a trans-red paint on them.
my xl racer x weighs right at 27lbs.

i think i can get a pivot 429 28-29 lbs.

weight not that importaint tho

how much is the frame with a free headset? i've got one locked in at less than $1800 brand new.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Can't touch $1800. Is that at a shop?
its a good customer/buddy/bro-in-law type hookup

here is what i am thinking for the build:

Silver Pivot Mach 429 frame (Large)
Fox 29 fork
Sram XO shifters
Hope hydro brakes (silver w/stainless steel lines)
Cane Creek headset (red)
XT front derailleur
Sram XO rear derailleur
XTR cassette
Industry 9 hubs (silver w/silver spokes) or (red w/silver spokes)
Rims - to be determined
Thompson Elite seat post (silver)
Thompsom Elite X4 stem (silver)
Bar - to be determined
Grips - to be determined
WTB Lazer V SLT (red/white)

Selling off the Exogrid Titus Racer X

:)

Last edited:

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
...i heard about him on the phone the other day...
cool.

he's a great guy, very hospitable. if you are ever up in the Fayetteville area hav him set up up with a ride.

We met him up at a northeastern trail and he and his crew showed me the goods on some sweeet single track.. much mo' betta than Devils Den. Then he and his fiance' had lunch at their house for us.

:)

sikocycles

Turbo Monkey
Feb 14, 2002
CT
I did a short ride on a large frame. Coming off a Spec FSR it was really nice. Stiff and pedaled well. Just felt faster. Unsure why but it just did. Could have been new bike envy or something. I now have an XL on order.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I did a short ride on a large frame. Coming off a Spec FSR it was really nice. Stiff and pedaled well. Just felt faster. Unsure why but it just did. Could have been new bike envy or something. I now have an XL on order.
The Current Large will be slightly downsized from 25.0 ETT to a 24.75 ETT, and still be called the Large. This will occur in the spring, they are supposed to be shipping new-sizes ~March '09.

They will additionally introduce a new size, called "X-Large"...which will have a humungulous ETT of 25.75.

here is the current Pivot 429 chart for S, M, L (from Speedgoat)

Here is the new Pivot chart for when they start making the XL Pivot 429's this spring:

Attachments

Last edited: