Quantcast

Anyone have a Pushed Vivid?

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Looking for some feedback on a Pushed Vivid 5.1 compared to say the DHX. I have a Pushed DHX on my Demo and love it. Looking for options on my Knolly DT (09). I have an RC4 on there right now, but not really diggin the way it feels. Looking at going to a Pushed Vivid or DHX, or possibly a CCDB or Avalanche. I don't like tuning. I just want to install something and not worry about it.

Last edited:

DHRracer

Monkey
Sep 29, 2004
Article in Mt Bike Action sept. issue on just that (pushed Vivid) it is the issue with a bright yellow boarder on cover.

ballr

Monkey
Apr 7, 2002
colorado
Yes, I have a PUSH tuned Vivid and absolutely love it. IMO you would be getting exactly what you are looking for. Set it, forget it.

Rhubarb

Monkey
Jan 11, 2009
I am running a Pushed Vivid on my 2010 Delerium. Its hard for me to compare cause I think the 4x4 linkage is the best i have ridden and I have only had the Vivid on this bike. I had it pushed to improve pedaling and freeride performance and it is incredible. I read that the 4x4 was already good for bottom out abilities so I wasnt concerned with that and the Vivid. I run 1 click LSC for rougher freeride trails and add another 1-2 clicks for pedally trails with a total of 3-4 clicks for AM with loads of climbing. I havent done much with the high speed rebound since it is controlled off big drops and jumps as it is and the low speed rebound is pretty much dialed. The bike pedals fantasticaly for a 7" bike and with the 160mm Lyrik solo air I had on at first it was light, jumped insanely well and climbed like a tue AM bike. With the Totem its more squishy on sprints and climbs but its well balanced for bigger lines. The Vivid adapteed to both forks perfectly.

I would like to try an Elka but really would love to put on an Avy.

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I have two Vivids PUSHed for "Downhill" and love them both. One is the first shock I put on my TR450, so can't compare it, and the other is on my trail bike and is... better than the stock RP3 (whodathunk). Never owned a DHX. Loved the PUSH'd Roco that I had on the old bike, but that was an upgrade from a 5th Element, so no surprise there either.

PUSH will probably be straight up with you about how the Vivid will feel versus a Push-tuned DHX, so I suggest asking them.

My sense is a PUSH'd anything is better than a stock anything, but maybe that's obvious.

-r