Quantcast

anyone have an identiti jeckyl? ive got questions

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
just got one... and while i love a small bike (i race 20inch bmx), this one seems to be a bit on the midget side....

i think the problem is the high bottom bracket.... the rest of it would be fine if the bb was about an inch lower...in my opinion...

im gonna try a longer stem and taller bars (50 to 70 and 1.5 to 2) and then maybe a 24 in the back after that.... though i dont want to...

anyone have similar experiences? and if you own one, how tall are you?

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
it was rained out today....

5'6?? wow....

yeah... i like a smaller bike too... but i think i should have gotten the XL... or actually maybe examined the geometry better...the bottom bracket is extremely high.... and i run very very low bbs on my SX and my bmx.... so thats what feels so weird....

measured tonight and my bmx 20 inch is one inch longer from the bb to the bars.... so i am hoping that a 70mm stem with 2inch bars will fix that... then it will kick ass.

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
The identiti's are all 24" designed bikes, that can fit 26" wheels, Duel 24" wheels would solve your problems, especially since they are pretty much designed to be DJ bikes that you can run Disc's and forks on. The 666 is a sick bike! good luck with it!

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
Weaver said:
PS.... can you believe im considering or even mentioned i may run a 24 in the back?!?!?!

hahaha
****, it's sunday? damn...all day i thought it was saturday. finals already screwing with my head.

i was gonna say something about the 24" rear, but figured i'd laugh in silence.

Weaver

Monkey
Oct 27, 2003
austin, TX
scurban said:
The identiti's are all 24" designed bikes, that can fit 26" wheels, Duel 24" wheels would solve your problems, especially since they are pretty much designed to be DJ bikes that you can run Disc's and forks on. The 666 is a sick bike! good luck with it!

hmmmmm.....

so 24 front and rear.... and that would drop the bb down to about where i want it....

man... i guess that makes sense... since its about the same size as my cruiser was....

run it like a cruiser with discs and 6 speeds...

scurban

Turbo Monkey
Jul 11, 2004
SC
Weaver said:
hmmmmm.....

so 24 front and rear.... and that would drop the bb down to about where i want it....

man... i guess that makes sense... since its about the same size as my cruiser was....

run it like a cruiser with discs and 6 speeds...
Yep.... I'd run it s/s but thats just me and my old school PK Ripper ways.

dorfonbikes

Chimp
Apr 29, 2002
Ya, the bike just has a couple week learning curve to it. I can just on just about any bike and feel comfortable right away(whether it's 20, 24, or 26), but this one took some time. i run a 50mm thomson stem with race face 1.5 riser bars and hit my knees on the bars once in a while climbing hills or when i was learning fakie wall rides on trees. i think you should slam the back end all the way up, put tall riser bars on, and just give it a few weeks. you might grow into it like i did.