Quantcast

Anyone Have Garneau Mountain Bike Shoes?

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Had some disco slipper style ones a few years ago, seem to remember they were quite a narrow fit, but my normal size was ‘correct’.

Most recently I am back on Shimano, they fit me well and have the little neoprene sock/cuff bit that stops crap getting in. That’s worth loads to me and working great. Won’t go back to a non-cuffed shoe.

Last edited:

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
tons of quality shoes out there now. honestly no reason to pay sidi prices anymore unless you like pissing away money. and i say that as someone who owns 2 pairs of Lakes.
Sarcasm was missed there. I do have a couple old pairs of Sidi that are 10+ years old. But also have some 5/10, lake and specialized. I’m kind of a bike shoe whore.

Honestly considering the shorts and helmets I’ve had from LG, I would assume the shoes would be stellar.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Sarcasm was missed there. I do have a couple old pairs of Sidi that are 10+ years old. But also have some 5/10, lake and specialized. I’m kind of a bike shoe whore.

Honestly considering the shorts and helmets I’ve had from LG, I would assume the shoes would be stellar.
the sarcasm wasn't missed, it just wasn't authentic sarcasm.

i think i have 9 pairs of riding shoes currently kicking about. only 2 of those pairs don't see use anymore.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
yo
I had some heavily discounted high end LG road shoes for a while. They fit accurately lengthwise but always caused hot foot after 10 miles. I tried Giro Empire (also notoriously narrow) which cause similar issues, then Bont shoes and I have no problems anymore. I have Giro MTB shoes that fit great so I'm going to go with LG being narrow based on the empires being as well.

This was admittedly over the course of the last 10 years so new shoes may be different, but honestly I'd go with a different brand if you have normal to wide feet and don't have the ability to try them on.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I have two pairs of LG MTB shoes. High end heavily discounted, just like @Sandwich said. Got mine at the LG outlet store in North Buttfuck, Vermont. They are good shoes and fit similar to Shimano, IMO. I can't really say "how" they fit since all I've ever worn is Shimano and LG and they fit my feet just fine, so I have nothing to compare them to.

Re: Sidi, I have tried them on and I am caught between sizes.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I have two pairs of LG MTB shoes. High end heavily discounted, just like @Sandwich said. Got mine at the LG outlet store in North Buttfuck, Vermont. They are good shoes and fit similar to Shimano, IMO. I can't really say "how" they fit since all I've ever worn is Shimano and LG and they fit my feet just fine, so I have nothing to compare them to.

Re: Sidi, I have tried them on and I am caught between sizes.
I think I got mine at the buttfuck factory store too