Quantcast

Anyone have info on a RL Flite 29?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I just saw they're making the Flite this year and I was wondering if anyone has info or has ridden one.

First, I'm wondering what the price and availability will be like.

Also (and I guess someone on a regular MC could answer) what size do you think I should get? I'm 5' 11" with decently long legs. I'm thinking 17".

I'm curious to try a 29er and I'm thinking this bike is a good start.

Thanks!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I'd say a 17" might fit you fine. Redline had some of those Flites at Dirtdemo, but I'm not sure who rode one.

I don't think they are in shops yet, but they do look nice.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
availability (as was told to me last week) is projected for around X-mass to mid-Feb. for most models. as for specifics I can not tell you, but I do know that the Flight models this coming year are all higher end cromo, not Aluminum, they also will have sliding rear drop outs so you can swap out a gear'd der. hanger if you so desire! so that is cool! the new flights in either 29'er or 26'er are both sweet.

as for a size, what do you ride now? and what size frame is it?

I have the MC 26" in a 19" and I am about 6'2" (if I have been to the chiropractor:biggrin: )

good luck!

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Nice, thanks for the info so far. I'm thinking a 17" would probably be a good fit for me, it'd be easier to throw around on the trail. I'm seriously stoked they made the Flight steel instead of Al like the old ones.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Nice, thanks for the info so far. I'm thinking a 17" would probably be a good fit for me, it'd be easier to throw around on the trail. I'm seriously stoked they made the Flight steel instead of Al like the old ones.
yep the cromo, is nice and lively, and I suspect the cromo on the flight to be even better! I agree that a 17 sounds about right for you! Do you have a local shop that sells them? where are you located?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I'm in Ojai. I work at a shop where we can order their stuff (via SBS maybe?) so I'd order it like that.