Quantcast

Anyone have the contact info for the Jamis representative?

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Just picked up a brand-new 13" Jamis XLT frame for my girlfriend, unfortunately the headtube is dented. Since theres a gouge on the inside from the original headset cup being forced in it's obviously a factory defect, since Jamis only sells complete bikes and not bare frames. It also appears that head tube machining is off-center quite a bit; it's a lot thinner on the dented side ironically.

Anyone have the Jamis contact info? Thanks.

Tootrikky

Monkey
Jul 31, 2003
Mount Vernon
1000-Oaks said:
Just picked up a brand-new 13" Jamis XLT frame for my girlfriend, unfortunately the headtube is dented. Since theres a gouge on the inside from the original headset cup being forced in it's obviously a factory defect, since Jamis only sells complete bikes and not bare frames. It also appears that head tube machining is off-center quite a bit; it's a lot thinner on the dented side ironically.

Anyone have the Jamis contact info? Thanks.
Talk to the dealer you bought the frame from, If you bought it off the internet, email the seller. Do not contact Jamis first.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Bought it from an online bike shop via eBay, so it may be sketchy.

Still, bad machine work is bad machine work (the non-concentric head tube bore). That's not something I could have screwed up, and the frame is obviously brand new. So I ought to be able to make a good case, even if I did buy it online.

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
Looks like this may turn out well after all, the online bike shop says they are in fact a Jamis dealer and are going to assist me with the warranty claim. I'll give the shop a big thumbs up once this is resolved.

Excellent!!!

1000-Oaks

Monkey
May 8, 2003
Simi Valley, CA
I gotta say I am REALLY impressed with the service from Jamis!

The warranty department took care of the problem immediately, and I received a new frame in about a week. Not just a new '04 front triangle either, but a new '05 frame!

Way to go Jamis! And the XLT frame is bitchin' too, looks very well designed and made. Outstanding...

:thumb: