Quantcast

Anyone have time on a 2008 Marz rc3 world cup?

snowskilz

xblue attacked piggy won
May 15, 2004
rado
My buddy bought one and it weighed in over 8 lbs and i'm a little sceptical about getting one. Anyone else get one, weigh it and ride it yet?

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
thats the correct weight, sadly the ti spring this year is heavier than the steel springs of last year, if you want a really light 888, get the wc ata, this years is how an air 888 should be.

Slater

Monkey
Oct 10, 2007
yeah a buddy put one on his Knolly Delirium and when you pick it up the front end feels like it has an anchor attached to it. Knolly's linkage isn't exactly light either.

My prediction is that the 07's are gonna be the ones over the next couple years that are the most highly desired.

sriracha

Monkey
Jun 9, 2006
i got an 08 888 RC3.

it weighed in at 8.3 lbs WITH full steertube, axle, crowns and stem on a digital scale.

i love the fork. it rides higher in the travel than my older 888 and it feels stiffer in for/aft loads and torsional loads.

barely broken in, it feels pretty buttery already.

sure it weighs more, i notice it when lifting the bike into a truck, but i don't notice it at all when i'm out on the trail.

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
Whats the actual weight of an 888 wc ata? And what'd they do this year to make it "how an air 888 should be"?
w/o stem, with a cut steerer its between 3,15kg and 3,2kg inc axle of course.
also bear in mind the 08 888 chassi is post mount direct to 8" rotor position so if you run that rotor size, you dont need any adaptor (saves a little weight there).

as for whats new, to make it like i said, like an air 888 should be, first, to me the 888 always was the a bit burly but very plush and dependable of the top companies forks, also, because of how its made (open bath) it meant you had an easy way to adjust spring progressivenes through oil height, which is an useful feature that the other competing models dont have unless you say are very good at fiddling with boxxers or buy gorides two stage kit for the 40)
now for 08 the air cartidge now has a much better progression rate, which means two things, one is that the full 200mm are readily available, and that you once again can use the progression adjust features.
i say features because you can use the PAR to adjust mid stroke spring rate (depending on how different you set the pressures in the SFA chamber and the PART chambers, the par will be fully engaged around the first third of travel) and the volume adjuster (red dial that used to be for spring preload) to vary the bottom out resistance (virtual oil level adjustment).