Quantcast

Anyone heading up to wisp this saturday?

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
Heading up to wisp this saturday with my brother, anyone else going to be there? and does anyone know what type of rentals they give? the enduro might not be ready :(

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! iv been planning this ride for weeks and just spent 250$ in repairs, im not goin to no bike festival, i want to actually ride!

Is there absolutely anywhere else in the area that is still open??

urbaindk

The Real Dr. Science
Jul 12, 2004
Sleepy Hollar
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

im not goin to no bike festival, i want to actually ride!
I don't know about everybody else but I rode my ass off last year. You can probably get in at least a good 4 hours or riding between practice sessions, qualifying and racing.

Larson TT y0!

Monkey
Jan 21, 2007
Maryland
NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! iv been planning this ride for weeks and just spent 250$ in repairs, im not goin to no bike festival, i want to actually ride!

Is there absolutely anywhere else in the area that is still open??
It's a dual slalom race AT a fall and wine festival....I don't know if that's man enough for you since you need to actually "ride" but I'm sure plenty will be getting their ride fix this weekend at the event. :clapping:

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
It's a dual slalom race AT a fall and wine festival....I don't know if that's man enough for you since you need to actually "ride" but I'm sure plenty will be getting their ride fix this weekend at the event. :clapping:
like that matters to me i cant even drink... legally speaking...

i dont really feel like racing i just want to joy ride

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Wintergreen MAY be open till like halloween not sure though. If it is go to diablo instead. Never been there but its obviously better. Wintergreen's DH trails are pretty fun but their FR is kinda sketchy. I have been there on there busiest weekends like 4th of July. Absolutly no lift lines. Also its only like 3 hous from DC. Think Diablo is like 3 1/2 to 4. The lodging at Wintergreen is really nice. Should be nice and quiet there around this time of season.

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
wintergreen is 4 hours too which is going to be too far, has anyone been to the gambrill state park trails in wester maryland, those are only 1 1/2 hours from me and they seem to have pretty high ratings.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
Gambrill is a ton of fun for XC. Tons of rocks and elevation change. It depends if you wanna do FR/DH I reccomend checking out the Frederick Watershed. Its right next to Gambrill. What kind of bike do you have? If you plan on doing Gambrill on a DH/FR bike just warning you there are some tough hills. I usally do the yellow trail at GAmbrill but I heard the black trail is the hardest. I would try to go to Diablo this weekend if I were you. I mean you can MAYBE get there in like 3 1/2 hours depends on where you live.

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
ya wintergreen is fun but there MTB program is not great. It may actually be closed for the season not sure though. The trails are good but not maintained really. DEFENITLY go to Diablo. Never been there but it is one of the best MTB parks in the U.S. Also it has more trails and features then Wintergreen. It may actually be a little bit of a shorter drive from where you live. But ya go to Diablo.

What Kind of bike you have? You can rent Ironhorses at Diablo.

elf 232

fewchur serjin
Jan 5, 2007
Im in your head
went to gambrill, diablo is just too far for a 1 day trip, i have specialized enduro all air shock, lx hydraulics, it does fine for downhill