Quantcast

Anyone Heard of Adam Curtis?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
what i found most interesting is the fact they chose a busstop in front of a mental hospital to conduct the interview. or going from all the unnecessary cackling, it could be in front of a high school. more than the words of strangers' conversations, i pay attention to the rest of the communication. the background people must be your answer to california.

but if i could offer a serious take, it seems that there's so little time for anyone to make their point, so every opinion must be quickly summed up to a by-line or soundbyte, and without the benefit of the back-and-forth to perfectly & tactfully craft the message. so in order to sell it as strong as possible, it must be phrased with the strongest language; hence the 'bullying' label.

methinks mr. curtis is a closet cyclist, what with his use of "vulcanization" no less than 4 times

fluff

Monkey Turbo
Sep 8, 2001
Feeling the lag
what i found most interesting is the fact they chose a busstop in front of a mental hospital to conduct the interview. or going from all the unnecessary cackling, it could be in front of a high school. more than the words of strangers' conversations, i pay attention to the rest of the communication. the background people must be your answer to california.

but if i could offer a serious take, it seems that there's so little time for anyone to make their point, so every opinion must be quickly summed up to a by-line or soundbyte, and without the benefit of the back-and-forth to perfectly & tactfully craft the message. so in order to sell it as strong as possible, it must be phrased with the strongest language; hence the 'bullying' label.

methinks mr. curtis is a closet cyclist, what with his use of "vulcanization" no less than 4 times
Bus-stop!?!? That was clearly a Starbucks, one of London's finest traditional coffee-shops.

Plus points for vulcanization, although I cannot rep you at present. I wonder how many people will work out what he actually said.

I think the bullying thing is similar to something to which you have alluded in the past; the minority view in any particular forum is effectively repressed by the majority. Conservative views will be unheard in a liberal environment and vice-versa, effectively suppressing valuable debate.

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
I think the bullying thing is similar to something to which you have alluded in the past; the minority view in any particular forum is effectively repressed by the majority. Conservative views will be unheard in a liberal environment and vice-versa, effectively suppressing valuable debate.
i'm having a shift in raising my daughter: i think it's far more valuable to teach her how to show grace now, and use this foundation for learning critical thinking later. otherwise i'd be raising a future ex-wife.

feel me on that?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
i'm having a shift in raising my daughter: i think it's far more valuable to teach her how to show grace now, and use this foundation for learning critical thinking later. otherwise i'd be raising a future ex-wife.

feel me on that?
She's going to marry an evangelical bible thumper who sucks dick anyways. I wouldn't worry too much about it...

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
She's going to marry an evangelical bible thumper who sucks dick anyways. I wouldn't worry too much about it...
that just might drive her to shoot up a mosque.

gets me all teary-eyed thinking about her growing up.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
that just might drive her to shoot up a mosque.

gets me all teary-eyed thinking about her growing up.
She'll probably get addicted to painkillers and end up looking like a Stepford wife who insists that her husband isn't gay, it's just the penises have an odd habit of finding their way into his bodily orifices.

Isn't Ted Haggard still married?

$tinkle

Expert on blowing
Feb 12, 2003
saw an interview w/ john waters on a re-run of the rollins show. he's a stepford wife.