Quantcast

Anyone here anti-IPA?

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
Yea, I get the hops and all that, and I'll enjoy them every once and a while, but in general they don't tickle my pickle.

BadDNA

hophead
Mar 31, 2006
Living the dream.
I love hops but I like a complex beer even more. For a while I was of the mindset that more hops was good, too much was better. Now I'm really getting into more balanced beers, I still love a good hop overload every now and then but the novelty has worn off for the most part. I wouldn't say that I'm anti-IPA though, it's still my go-to beer.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I love hops but I like a complex beer even more. For a while I was of the mindset that more hops was good, too much was better. Now I'm really getting into more balanced beers, I still love a good hop overload every now and then but the novelty has worn off for the most part. I wouldn't say that I'm anti-IPA though, it's still my go-to beer.
:disgust1:

Christ. So you actually are no longer a hophead? You're breaking my heart.

And where's my imperial pilsner!? :shakefist:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Yeah, it's unlike him not to chime in and tell us that we all suck.
And no SkaredSphyncter here to tell us that the IPAs we like are vastly inferior to the ones he likes.

Must be HLHDWB convention going on somewhere.

HLHDWB=Hating Long Haired Dorky White Boy

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I like hoppy beers but the "just toss a bunch of hops in and let it punch you in the face beers" don't compare to a beer where they cultivate the hoppyness to bring out more of the aromatic and complex flavors. Smuttynose is a punch you in the face beer. had a hopsecutioner last night and it was lovely.